Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> squeak..squeak..axle bearing?
RonD
post Nov 5 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Ron Diederichsen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,286
Region Association: None

What does it sound like when an axle bearing goes?

I am having this rotational squeaking noise coming from the rear I can’t seem to track it down. At first I thought it was the brakes. So I took the pads out, which are almost new, discs have normal wear no grooves, and then adjusted and bled the brakes, but it didn’t really make that much difference.

The squeak starts up after I have been driving for 20 miles or so. The sound seems slower then the rotation of the wheels, but does speed up seemly as I go faster. When I brake the pitch of the squeak doesn’t change. But the squeak stops just before the car stops or another words it does not make noise under 5 MPH.

It could still be in the brakes as one of the pad adjustment screws was loose and had been leaking fluid on to the pads.

The car has about 50K miles on it but wasn’t driven for the last 16 years, and sat outside for at least the last 8 years. I bought it this year. (my first 914). Been running great since July, squeak appeared about a month ago.

Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 09:03 AM