Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Subaru to 914 trouble fixes, My quick fixes installing a Subaru engine
904svo
post Dec 3 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #1

904SVO

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,146

Here are some of the fixes I used when installing a 2007 Subaru WRX engine in my car.
I did not want to change any of the wiring in my car as it has a 1973 914 wiring harness installed
in it. I wanted to keep the stock gauge cluster in it but adapt it to a Subaru engine to look stock.
Here are some of the troubles I found and the fixes I used

#1 Tach
Convert the 5 volt output signal from the Subaru to a high voltage pulse that the 914 tach requires.
Attached Image
#2 Starter circuit
Added a hot starter relay which removed all the Subaru starter check circuits
Attached Image
#3 Stop Fuel level DTC’s
Note if connected to 914 low warning , this will reduce power level
Attached Image
#4 Add Cruise control lights/Check engine lights for trouble shooting DTC’s

#5 Make the 914 ignition key look like a Subaru ignition key for the immobilizer circuit
Attached Image
#6 Oil light and Oil pressure gauges/ Oil temperature gauge converted to Engine temperature gauge
To convert Oil temperature to Water temperature gauge add a 75 ohm resistor in series with the
extra temperature lead ( used for stock Subaru gauge panel) to the oil temp gauge
If you have a Oil pressure/Oil light sender added to your gauge cluster just replace the Subaru Oil
Pressure switch and use the same wiring otherwise just wire the Subaru sensor to the Oil lamp.
Connect the Subaru alternator (Black/white) lead to the 914 Gen lamp bulb.

If you see any poroblems let me know.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:00 PM