Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> WTB / NPC - Looking for a Nice Vanagon Front Air Dam, I know many here have Westies/Vanos!
Tom_T
post Dec 11 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Okay - I know it's a long shot - but I'm trying to find a very nice used or NOS VW Vanagon / Westy front Air Dam to finish up the resto of our `88 Westy.

These are now NLA & excellent condition ones are as rare as hens' teeth to find today (help Mikey!?), and Bus Depot sells a non-OE aftermarket resin one made by Westfalia - despite their online catalog listing it as OEM - it's not, as I found out $200 later! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) - which will just crack &/or splinter into a gazillion pieces on the first hit or scrape!

OE ones were apparently only on USA & Canada market Vanagons from 1988-91 on the FG Bumper Vanagons, and are made in 5 sections - L & R side, L & R front & center front joiner pieces - & made out of a flexible black poly-something pebble-finish material.

Finding this part is driving me crazy for the past several months of fruitless searching!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I know a lot of folks on here have Westies & Vanagons of various flavors, and maybe you've pulled off your OE flexible Air Dam to give yours a more off-roadie look or to add those hulking steel bumpers????

If you have anything, please send me some hi-rez pix & your price.

I don't want anything with the usual torn front corners that most have, as shown on ours in the pix below.

This is what I need to replace on our Westy -

Attached Image

But without the cracks, tweaks & damage at the L & R front corners shown below -

Attached Image

Attached Image

Anyone????
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:37 PM