Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> starter question, need more power
freezing14
post Nov 8 2004, 09:15 AM
Post #1

freezing14

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,233

Ok i get ready to start by newly rebuilt 1.7 bored to 1.8 with ss valve and upgraded spring with swivell foot adjuster,, the engine crank ok without the spark plug, but the starter is not strong enough to crank with the plugs on , I check the the crack was free reving by removing all the rocker just to make sure and it cranks just fine with the plugs, but if I add the rocker which also turn freely on the shaft, it cannot crank, those dawn bugger spring are stiff,, now i know i need a new starter, but like most of you I am cheap , so what are my options,, bus starter,911 starter,, can you upgrade the 914 core to give it more torque, keep the core, cheaper,, or is it just because it is a 30 year old starter,, By the way i tried 2 starter, a new battery, the one from My S4 and the car is a 72 1.7 d-jet
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 06:40 AM