Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Body markings, What colour should they be?
porschefile2010
post Dec 30 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,118
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

I am pretty much finished my refurb of my 75 2.0 and just doing the finishing touches. The 914 2.0 an the rear and the word PORSCHE on the engine grille were gold-but that was when the car was a repainted dark blue. I have stripped the car and it has been repainted it's original Anacona Blue.
So question is what colour should the lettering be as I would like it to be as it was when it left the factory.
The letters are black plastic and appear to have been silver and then gold. Not sure Gold looks right with Anacona so was there any standard colour for these letters. I think I like the look of the silver-or perhaps they weren't plastic originally and were chrome??
Any clues?
Thanks
Richard
I will put a pic up when it is finished in a month or so. The paint job looks pretty cool
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 30 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Black plastic for 1975 tailbadges.

QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Dec 29 2012, 11:12 PM) *

I am pretty much finished my refurb of my 75 2.0 and just doing the finishing touches. The 914 2.0 an the rear and the word PORSCHE on the engine grille were gold-but that was when the car was a repainted dark blue. I have stripped the car and it has been repainted it's original Anacona Blue.
So question is what colour should the lettering be as I would like it to be as it was when it left the factory.
The letters are black plastic and appear to have been silver and then gold. Not sure Gold looks right with Anacona so was there any standard colour for these letters. I think I like the look of the silver-or perhaps they weren't plastic originally and were chrome??
Any clues?
Thanks
Richard
I will put a pic up when it is finished in a month or so. The paint job looks pretty cool

+Quote Post
porschefile2010
post Dec 30 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Thanks Jeff. So in that case, what colour for the lettering over the engine bay grille. Black wouldn't stand out. Or was there never any lettering there originally?
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 30 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Dec 30 2012, 09:49 AM) *
Thanks Jeff. So in that case, what colour for the lettering over the engine bay grille.

I believe early cars were gold and later cars were silver.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Dec 30 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #5

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Congratz Richard! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

The engine grill would've been silver & they're still available new from Porsche, as are the black plastic "914" & "2.0" rear badges, along with the rubber/bronze stud-speed-fasteners (also used for the rear badges). Porsche dealers & the usual online parts sources can get them for you.

Dress her up nice & purdy!

About time for your All Blacks to show their stuff again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Happy New Year Mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

PS - good model year specifics on stuff is found at p914.com - interior, exterior, gauges, etc.
+Quote Post
porschefile2010
post Dec 30 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #6

Hi Tom. Happy New Year to you too my friend.
Yes it is really good when you get to stick things back on the car after months of stripping.
I have been careful not to over capitalise the car. The paint is ok, but not perfect, but overall it will be rust free and look real smart. Really glad I went back to the original Anacona Blue.
My mechanic is just checking the gearbox for me before we slide it back under. Hoping to have a few summer runs and into the garage for winter.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Dec 30 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #7

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Dec 30 2012, 04:10 PM) *

Hi Tom. Happy New Year to you too my friend.
Yes it is really good when you get to stick things back on the car after months of stripping.
I have been careful not to over capitalise the car. The paint is ok, but not perfect, but overall it will be rust free and look real smart. Really glad I went back to the original Anacona Blue.
My mechanic is just checking the gearbox for me before we slide it back under. Hoping to have a few summer runs and into the garage for winter.

Gotta (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) that Ancona Blue! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Attached Image Attached Image

Cheers Mate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
... & have fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) !!!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:05 PM