Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PWS? How about some indoor Porsche racing, NorthEast Boston Area
djm914-6
post Nov 8 2004, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

I tried to post this in the North East Event forun, but it's a little dead there.

Anyway, I was thinking of just getting together and shooting the BS along with some door to door RC racing. I'm sure we can find a place that will let us run for little to nothing. I haven't done any leg work yet, but if there's an interest...

There is a lot of new, affordable RC cars out there. From 1/24 to 1/10 scale; prices range from $10 to $500.

Any thoughts or interest?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redshift
post Nov 8 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Good Lord! (is that ok?) $10-$500 is what most of these people have in their cars, at first!

I'm still waiting on a ruling about the 'Good Lord!' semi-expletive.

M
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Nov 9 2004, 09:00 AM
Post #3

I'm the wrong person to ask about that! I have a hard enough time not saying that or worse in front of my pastor.

Actually, I've seen some RC monster trucks with over $3k in aftermarket parts. And then there's 1/4, 1/5 and 1/6 scale cars, prices start at about $2k and only go up from there.

I was thinking of something a bit more reasonable and more on the fun for the heck of it than all out compitition. Actually the 1/24th scale cars look to be the best for this. They are inexpencive ready to run and have a large variety of bodies to choose from. For those into mods, almost any plastic model can be made to fit over the RC chassis so we could run almost any Porsche. With the Kyosho Mini Z's, there's also a lot of tuner parts.

Like I said, it was just a thought.
+Quote Post
william harris
post Nov 9 2004, 09:11 AM
Post #4

914 Restorer

Member No.: 1,539

Oh, hell yes! (can we say hell?), Oh, heck yeah! What scale would you run? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Nov 9 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #5

I'm thinking that the 1/24 scale would attract the most interest. They're inexpencive, small enough to run in confined spaces and easy to modify for performance or appearance. Like I said, most placstic models can be addapted to fit so we could get some real classics going. Also, the last 914 bodies sold fit and I found a lexan 917/10 in the same scale.

Here's a few I found interesting...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...&I=LXEWU2**&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...&I=LXGDH6**&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...&I=LXGGU5**&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...&I=LXHGH6**&P=0

1/18 scale offers more performance, but the body selection is very minimal with only one Porsche (996Turbo). Nice cars though.

1/10 scale offer much more performance but also limited Porsche bodies. Much faster than the others but requiring much more space. These can be a bit pricey too.

Anything bigger would cost as much as the CSOBOSC have in their 914s.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2024 - 04:32 PM