Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Facing a lot of choices...what would you do?, fianlly ready to reengage
Type 47
post Jan 5 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,790
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 5 2013, 01:03 PM) *

Just for clarity sake...my trans blew 4th gear with a bone stock engine (400/400). I did not "drop" the clutch; didn't have to since you could just press the throttle to break the tires lose. This happened after 2200 miles of street driving.

My decision to step up to a 930 box allowed me to massage the engine for more power. Although I really like the GT/Flared look...I think I'd stick to the narrow body if I could "re-do" my build. The "sleeper" component was always fun...so was running 11" rears with 315's! There was no comparison in what handled better - narrow body all day long!

Regarding your other thread where "members" were offering values of stock vs. LS powered cars I'd have to greatly disagree with the advice. A well done LS car will always be worth well more than a clean stock car. It's the market, very few enthusiasts want a stuck-in-the-sand 2.0/4 that costs allot. For the record my car sold in the 40's. I own a 914/6 right now with a 911S 2.7 (I've driven original 2.0 that are far worse) - it is pathetic as a driver compared to anything with 400 ft lbs of tq. - absolutely incomparable. Value is all about the quality of the components and execution...don't be duped! Of course, I don't think you should really do it...

You sure make a compelling argument for the narrow body...that is one of the nicest looking 914's I've seen...don't take that lightly, i've owned a 914 since May of 1977.

How do you get 11" to work in the back...how wide can you do the fronts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Jan 5 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Thank you I enjoyed the build (I just woundn't do it again).

The "flared" wheels were 9x17 F & 11x17 R w/ 911 offsets (Lindsey Racing Wheels with authentic FUCH centers).

[quote name='Type 47' date='Jan 5 2013, 05:45 PM' post='1797071']
[/quote]

You sure make a compelling argument for the narrow body...that is one of the nicest looking 914's I've seen...don't take that lightly, i've owned a 914 since May of 1977.

How do you get 11" to work in the back...how wide can you do the fronts?
[/quote]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 05:34 PM