Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3RD time is a charm/restoration thread, So many choices
Chris H.
post Apr 25 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Bill are you putting the 5 lug kit from Eric on that car? If so ours will be VERY similar. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Mine is the same color.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 25 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #42

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 25 2013, 03:50 PM) *

Bill are you putting the 5 lug kit from Eric on that car? If so ours will be VERY similar. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Mine is the same color.

I'm not sure...I have so many parts (two of Eric's kits and a couple of "real" sets of 911 parts) I don't know which way to go.

BTW...just got a lead on a potential real 914/6. This may be a bust but we'll see!
+Quote Post
SUNAB914
post Apr 26 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 9,880

Not even one day and already looking into another one. Good gosh Bill.
I know,it might be a -6.
There used to be a real -6 in Florence SC when i was a teenager, probably a pile of rust now.
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Apr 26 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #44

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:01 AM) *

Give me your tired, your rusty, your non-running 914's yearning to drive once again. The wretched refuse of your garage and backyard.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my sawzall and wrenches beside the garage door

And then to scotty for tetanus shots.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 26 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #45

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Apr 26 2013, 08:26 AM) *

Not even one day and already looking into another one. Good gosh Bill.
I know,it might be a -6.
There used to be a real -6 in Florence SC when i was a teenager, probably a pile of rust now.

Only looking because it MIGHT be a -6.

I seriously doubt that it is; however, due dilligence requires that I take a look! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

My first ex-wife is from Florence. She told me that when she was in high school there were two lady teachers who were "roommates" and they both drove 914's (guess this was before Subaru's were popular). I wonder if one of them had a 6?
+Quote Post
SUNAB914
post Apr 26 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 9,880

HUMM. My art teacher in high school had a light blue one she drove everyday. Whats funny is I had mine but never talked to her about hers. Maybe she was a dike and I never knew it. haha. There was only one other orange one that another guy had that worked at the airport, I saw it all the time. I'll ask you later your ex-wifes maiden name, maybe i know her. I never found the -6 that was supposedly there. Stopping by old foreign car mechanic shops/VW and asking about 914's is a good way to find them. Good luck in your search.
Small world.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 26 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #47

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Apr 26 2013, 02:27 PM) *

HUMM. My art teacher in high school had a light blue one she drove everyday. Whats funny is I had mine but never talked to her about hers. Maybe she was a dike and I never knew it. haha. There was only one other orange one that another guy had that worked at the airport, I saw it all the time. I'll ask you later your ex-wifes maiden name, maybe i know her. I never found the -6 that was supposedly there. Stopping by old foreign car mechanic shops/VW and asking about 914's is a good way to find them. Good luck in your search.
Small world.

I'm not searching. I've got enough on my plate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Someone at work approached me the other day and said his neighbor has several in a field/shed and used to race them in the SCCA in the '80's and '90's. He said he thought one of them had a 6 cylinder. He said they were in sorry shape. In no way do I want another parts car. However, if one is a '6 then it needs to be checked out. It will be a couple weeks before I can get over there...I'll post pictures of what I find.
+Quote Post
wingnut86
post May 9 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #48

...boola la boo boola boo...

Member No.: 11,645

Damn Bill, I just read Scott's reply (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Too bad you scammed Scott into working under "Marcus of Queensbury Rules", now that you are becoming a man of "British Leisure".. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I like the Blue as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 24 2013, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 24 2013, 06:56 AM) *

Looks like this one is coming to South Carolina..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) It's like the 914 Ellis Island (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:30 AM