Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 914-6 Concours, 1970 real deal six
toolguy
post Jan 21 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

22,453 miles on car, 317 miles since professional rotisserie restoration in 2011-2012 {fully documented}. Driven only for PCA shows / events and to sort out engine and trans. . . Consistent Concour 1st place class winner in 2012, last Zone 8 PCA show scored 324 out of 325 points. Highest standards, a no excuse vehicle. All number match, fresh engine and trans broken in and sorted out. Currently ready to compete in this years Concour series.

Every level of detail was addressed, down to OE seat belt labels and steering rack dissemble.. Originality was my goal, and the car shows it. My intentions were to show it in PCA Concours and be a reliable driver after a few years of shows. The original 2.0 engine was seeping, so it was split, and the case halves surfaced and line bored. Total rebuild with E cams added, all new main and rod bearings, chains and tensioners, rings and a full valve job including new guides. All rotating parts balanced to within 1 gram/. . .The trans was pulled apart for inspection, has all new syncros, and resealed. . Correct 14 x 5.5 inch Fuchs, spare rim looks like it has never been used.

Non stock items. . . . I wanted the car to also be fun driver so I put an SC suspension with 3.5 brakes on the front, with a 20mm front sway bar and a stock rear sway bar. . Konis in front with 19 mm torsion bars and Bilsteins in the rear with 160 pound springs. It handles exceptionally well with good balance front to rear. . . {I do have the OE Six suspension with 3 inch brakes restored and preserved.} Currently has an LE front spoiler and short real valance. . . Other than those items, I kept it visually as manufactured / delivered. Includes the Six toolkit, original owners manual in unused perfect condition and the OE passenger footrest. . . Original Blaupunkt works perfectly. Also has 911S 40IDA Webbers and Sport Muffler. Runs very well with the E cams. It does have a 1970's Dealer optional Nardi wheel, and I do have the OEM Six wheel. Same with the Factory Six air cleaner and Euro lens.

Price. . . . . Please consider I've got right at $60k in it plus over 1600 hours professional restoration labor [13 months labor] to make this a very nice car, certainly one that would be hard to duplicate to this level of Concour preparation. I'm asking $92 and will consider qualified cash offers consistent with my expense and time. Located in San Diego since new.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hawk
post Jan 21 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 57

Could you provide more detailed photo-documentation of aspects of the car please. Thanks much,
hawk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 22 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #3

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

This is an absolute beauty of a car. I hope it sells for the asking price but stays here in the U.S. I would love to see this driving around town one day. Best wishes with the sale.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 22 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 22 2013, 07:14 AM) *

This is an absolute beauty of a car. I hope it sells for the asking price but stays here in the U.S. I would love to see this driving around town one day. Best wishes with the sale.

Michael - if Dave shows it again in 2013, it might be worth a drive south for one of our Zone 8 Concours.

I know Dave & have seen his car many times, but never judged it due to different judging assignments than he entered - & he's always done very well. The car is always well prepared, as well as it being a top notch resto by Dave!

IIRC it's a 2 owner car with known 22k miles & Dave has known the OO for years, since Dave was around 914s & P-cars in the 70's when they were new.

FYI - Zone 8 Concours Schedule & 2012 results:

http://zone8.pca.org/events_concours.php

http://zone8.pca.org/results_concours.php

Good Luck Dave! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

EDIT - ADD:
Rather than clog this up with another post, I'll just add here that Dave has done top quality restorations for a long time - longer than many on this site have "been into" 914s, and really knows what he's doing - dating back to the 1970's on many marques for a top racer/owner/collector.

This is a low mileage & well sorted 914-6 done correctly with a few "personalization" items, which any buyer could easily swap back with the original parts which AFAIK Dave still has (e.g.: air cleaner box, steering wheel, etc.).

I encourage interested parties to talk to him directly (nice guy) & ignore the p-nut gallery sniping! He can tell you which of the Concours he'll be at this 2013 this season (at the top link above).

Admins - I'm sure Dave appreciates the clean-up, as do most of the rest of our members.
+Quote Post
Nine_14
post Jan 25 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,873
Region Association: Germany

Great /6 looks like rolling out of the factory just yesterday..... Congra (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Mar 6 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,889

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
It's either it sells or I start preparing / cleaning for this years Concour series. .
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tod914
post Mar 7 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

If you put that car on the Concours field, I think your competition will drive away. Beautiful attention to detail.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:36 AM