Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 Long Repair -Am I nuts to tackle it myself?, Any Minnesotans with firsthand experience?
vintage914racer
post Jan 25 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

I always knew my factory 914-6 had rust lurking under the rockers, but I didn't want to investigate for fear finding something bad. Last winter I bit the bullet and pulled the outer rockers. As is likely customary, I found a bunch of moist debris that had accumulated around each respective jack point. After close inspection with a screwdriver it appears that only the outer sheet metal needs attention. I know this thread is worthless without pictures, but humor me... There is an area measuring roughly 8" x 4" directly surrounding the passenger side jack post that needs replacing. Am I nuts to try to tackle this myself? I've done some welding and have a welder, so I am not averse to doing it.

If the collective experts think I should tackle it I have a couple of follow up quesitons. I assume I should pull the engine and trans to do this? Is there anyone in the Minneapolis area with the support bars that span the door area?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:10 PM