Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: What is a „fair“ trade-in value?, Or, what “book” to use???
draganc
post Jan 28 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,000
Region Association: North East States

Fellows!

I’m in the business for a new-er car and are trying to determine what would be a fair trade-in value for my car. I know, good luck with that.

It’s a 2004 Mercedes E320 4 Matic wagon, 150k mls, formally purchased as a CPO, no repaint, ALL services done no issues, good to very good condition.

- Outside appearance is a 7out of 10, body and head-lights look great (just cleaned with 3M and they look NEW). Wheels are scratched-up, w/o the scratches it would be at least a 8-9.
- Interior, very clean a solid 8 out of 10.
- I just put new shocks, tires, pad & disk in the past 9 months.

It’s a very decent look car. Perhaps I’m a bit emotional attached to “her” and I know that I will not get any $$$ back for half used tires, brakes and shocks.

The BIG questions is, what is a fair trade-in value?

I checked Kelly’s Blue Book, and they came-up between $8-10k. I checked cars.com, they comparable cars I found are mostly offered by dealers for around $9.5k.
And my MB dealer offered my $5,000 as a trade-in towards a used 2010 ML350. They use some other kind of "book" and he told me that KBB is not accurate.

Let me hear it! How much can I really expect from a dealer, respectively , should I try to list and sell the car by myself on i.e. cars.com?
My take is that for $5k trade-in, I will/should drive the car for at least another 1-2 years or 30k mls and the unload it for one of those “we will offer you a minimum of $3,000 for your trade-in” specials, which they run at MB at least twice a year.

Thanks,
Dragan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:57 PM