Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Diaper for my Baby, Containing the oil slick
Spoke
post Nov 15 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #1

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

A while back, my father-in-law and I had a discussion about oil leaking from his 78 Chrysler Cordoba. To contain the oil in the garage, he used a cooking tray with newspaper inside to keep the oil off of the floor. When I asked him if he were going to fix the leak, his response was "why fix it and pay $100-$1000 depending on the repair when it costs me 1 quart of oil every other month? Besides, look at the oil in a parking lot. All cars leak oil"

So for my leaking 914, I just use cardboard in the garage, works good. However, the 914's been banned from my friend's driveway since he doesn't like the oil spots. I thought about carrying some cardboard in the trunk and whipping it out when parked on driveways. Then I thought about my father-in-law and decided to carry a cooking tray with me. Not in the trunk but under the car. So with a couple of hose clamps and one of my wife's cooking trays, I now have a drip-less 914. It still leaks but not on the driveway. The next step is to add an old towel on the inside to absorb the oil, and a cookie cooling rack to keep the towel in place. Some day I may rebuild the engine, but for now, I'll just drive it.

Spoke

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:40 PM