Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Racing fluids, Oil, trans... what would you use for an endurance race?
ThePaintedMan
post Feb 25 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

All right boys and girls, I DID use the glorious search function, but didn't find quite the answers I was looking for. After talking with John (FourBlades) at the PCA DE this weekend about brake fluid for a track car, I thought it might be pertinent to have some of you racers weigh in on your choice of fluids. Keep in mind, the *goal* is 14 hours at Sebring. Quite likely that the first motor won't make it that long, but to give us the best chance possible, what do you think would be a good engine oil and transmission fluid to go with for a long race like that? I think 20-50 is still the go-to, but would something like Brad Penn stand up to that long of a race at temps that high? How about Swepco for the transmission? I would think both of these would call for some kind of chemistry designed for racing, but have never heard of what endurance guys use in their aircooled Porsches for long races like these.

Don't worry about the brake fluid - I think we've already decided that SRF is the only way to go.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:51 AM