Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Georgia Wine Trail, A scenic mountain daytrip
MiddleGACruiser
post Nov 16 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #1

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,694
Region Association: None

I'm planning a weekend in Helen, GA with a daytrip through the north Georgia mountains. The route starts and finishes in Helen, Georgia, includes stops at several award winning Georgia wineries. Total distance is about 150 miles and includes some of the most enjoyable roads in North Georgia. The roads are made for 914's.

No date is set but late spring, early summer is being considered as long as the trip does not conflict with other large events.

Local hotel, winery, and shoppe owners are offering discounts to our group.

Please reply to this forum if you are interested in joining us.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Jan 23 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

We have chosen April 9th, 2005 for the wine tour. We will meet in Helen, GA for a 145 mile trip through some very twisty mountain roads. These roads are made for 914s and are the reason for the trip. The wineries are just stops on the way. If you intend to taste wines you might want to bring a designated driver.

There are four vineyards in Dahlonega. They are Blackstock, Frogtown, Three Sisters and Wolfe Mountain. We can visit any or all of them depending on the time we have available and the wants of the participants. Since there are so many vineyards Dahlonega we will leave it as the last town on the tour before returning to Helen.

The tour will start at 9 AM after breakfast at one of the local restaurants. From Helen we'll visit Tiger Mountain Vineyard in Tiger, Crane Creek in Young Harris, and then Dahlonega. Lunch will be somewhere in Hiawassee, Young Harris, or Blairsville.

One person asked if he could drive his 944 since his 914 is being worked on. The answer is a resounding yes. This trip is about fellowship and fun. It's about getting together and talking about 914s. It's about driving on fun roads with other folks who like to drive on fun roads. It's about seeing new places and meeting new people. It's about putting a face to a name. It's about having a good time. So please, as long as you have some interest in 914s and don't mind being away from yours for a while, drive what you brung (colloquialistic past tense of bring) and enjoy it. Above all, be safe doing it.

My number is 478-714-8326. My name if Jeff and I have a 914 habit. Please respond to this forum if you would like to join us and watch the forum for updates.

Cheers,
Jeff (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Feb 21 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

Hi all,

After contacting several hotels and looking around Helen we decided to go with the Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center. Although they didn't offer a discount, their rates are better than most of the other hotels, they're right in the center of town, they have plenty of parking, and there's lots of entertainment, dining, and shopping within walking distance.

We have a room block for April 8 - 10 and they will hold it until March 8th. The reservationist is Sharon and her number is 1-800-445-2271. The rates are $64.00 for a standard, $89.00 for a river view, $150.00 for a suite, and $89.00 for the room at the top of the tower (see the web site). http://www.helendorf.com.

I'll have an itinerary ready soon.

Jeff
+Quote Post
MiddleGACruiser
post Apr 6 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Hobbits? What Hobbits?

The trip will leave from the Helendorf Inn, Helen, GA on Saturday morning April 9. Please give me a call if you plan to attend.

Jeff
478-714-8326
+Quote Post
Two914s
post Apr 8 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,184

Jeff,

There is another Porsche group from rennlist meeting up at the Mansel Road Starbucks by Northpoint mall on Saturday, April 9th to go to North Georgia for a drive. They are meeting at 7:30am.

Maybe the two groups could meet up somewhere?

my cell is 404-323-0173
+Quote Post
JazonJJordan
post Nov 25 2009, 04:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,446
Region Association: South East States

2005; do they still meet I wonder? -Jordan-
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 01:50 AM