Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So I WAS gonna turn in my plates on lunch today...
scooter311
post Nov 16 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,986

But my girlyfriend just called me and said the weather is supposed to get to 55 degrees today - woohooo! (Upsate New York)I'm gonna toss 'em back on, pick her *ss up and tear up the streets. Well, as much tearing as a 4 banger can do. Mostly over revving and sputtering, and maybe some leaking and grinding thrown in.
And I brought the plates to work with me today so I could turn them in at the DMV at noon. Close call!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
DRIVE! DRIVE! DRIVE!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Nov 16 2004, 10:56 AM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I guess you're turning in your plates to save money on insurance? I found that I drove the car more in the winter than I did in the summer. In the winter, snow is very predictable and w/o AC, being too hot in the car is not an issue. During the summer, rain storms seem to happen at will and I don't like getting my car wet so on iffy days, I'd drive the A6. Also on days above about 82F, I'd drive the A6 since I hate to sweat in a car w/o AC. Even with the roof off, 95F is still 95F in a 914 with a black interior.

Spoke
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Nov 16 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 16 2004, 08:56 AM)
I guess you're turning in your plates to save money on insurance? I found that I drove the car more in the winter than I did in the summer. In the winter, snow is very predictable and w/o AC, being too hot in the car is not an issue. During the summer, rain storms seem to happen at will and I don't like getting my car wet so on iffy days, I'd drive the A6. Also on days above about 82F, I'd drive the A6 since I hate to sweat in a car w/o AC. Even with the roof off, 95F is still 95F in a 914 with a black interior.

Spoke

SO.. GET AC!!! Easy to do. My wife's 914 has not had the heater hooked up in 2 years, but the AC has worked for 5 years without touching it.

AC makes a 914 a year around driver.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Nov 16 2004, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 16 2004, 08:58 AM)
SO.. GET AC!!! Easy to do.

I like that thought. Is there an aftermarket AC that fits the 914? Or do I look for an original out of some other 914?

Spoke
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Nov 16 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Lots of the california guys remove the AC, so get one of them to send you the complete DPD system. Get the lines rebuilt with barrier hose, and put a rotary compressor kit on from ICEAC. It will freeze you out of the car if it's charged correctly.
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Nov 16 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #6

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

I remember talking to Aircooledboy at the FFC about his Vintage Air A/C. Fairly small unit, but still a shin-skinner (he's a tall guy). He mentioned something about an A/C system that would use the 914's original vent ducts and was placed up under the dash, maybe he'll chime in with more info.
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post Nov 16 2004, 12:46 PM
Post #7

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 288

I found a Guy in Dallas who designs and builds units for Porsches, XKE's, etc.

www.europeancoolerair.com

Not cheap, but in talking with him on the Phone, he seems like Jake, except for A/C.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:48 PM