Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.0 Piston rings, Wanna make sure I get the right ones
Rhodes71/914
post Nov 16 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #1

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

Gonna get some new piston rings for the 2.0 I am cleaning up but want to make sure I get the right ones. The engine is supposed to be a original 75 2.0L and so far everything has looked that way. But it has been rebuilt at some point so...

Here is the number off of one of the cylinders 039.101.301C can someone tell me if these are what originally came on the 2.0, and what would be the corresponding rings to get.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Nov 16 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Nov 16 2004, 09:30 AM)
Here is the number off of one of the cylinders 039.101.301C can someone tell me if these are what originally came on the 2.0, and what would be the corresponding rings to get.

i can't, but i can tell you this:

it's more a function of the pistons than the cylinders. rings come in varying thicknesses and it's important that you get the right matched set from a good maker. those rings are -probably- more-or-less nice even metric thicknesses - 1,0mm, 1,5mm, 2,0mm perhaps. measure each one, they will probably all be different. measure the bore of the cylinder. then call the guys at EBS and get a matching set.

and you will definitely need to measure and set the gaps when the new set arrives, whether or not you have the cylinders honed...
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Nov 16 2004, 01:52 PM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Sounds right ….039 198 175 BR are your rings.

Have the jugs honed first, if they have a big ridge at the top they are toast anyways. (good for 96’s)

Make sure to clean out the ring lands real good! Take the same size old ring, break it and use it to clean down to the Al. The new rings are wider and if you do not clean it proper and try to force it, you will crack the jug..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 06:43 PM