Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A6's on 5.5 four lug narrow body
ww914
post Feb 27 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #1

914 Convert

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

Will they work? Anybody running them?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 43)
J P Stein
post Apr 4 2013, 10:34 AM
Post #41

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 4 2013, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Borderline @ Apr 4 2013, 11:04 AM) *

All the talk about TB sizes and spring rates doesn't do much if your chassis is flexing. The best money/effort I put into my car was rigidly attaching a carbon fiber targa top. I know it's not as good as a cage, but it is lighter and has improved the tunability of the chassis. For now, I would suggest you run the standard targa top and try to mount it as rigidly as possible. I never realized how flexible the 914 chassis is until I did put in the new top. Now, I can feel very small changes in sway bar settings where before I couldn't. FWIW

Do you possibly have a build thread on your top? I am curious how you went about it.

The 914-6 GTs that Porsche built had reinforcement on the A pilar...you don't...and would still crack or pop the windshield out. So, are you trying to eliminate cowl shake or stiffen the chassis?
+Quote Post
Woody
post Apr 4 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #42

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

I am going to be caging the car soon and tying in all the pick up points. I was just curious how borderline went about it.
+Quote Post
Borderline
post Apr 4 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 3,577
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 4 2013, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Borderline @ Apr 4 2013, 11:04 AM) *

All the talk about TB sizes and spring rates doesn't do much if your chassis is flexing. The best money/effort I put into my car was rigidly attaching a carbon fiber targa top. I know it's not as good as a cage, but it is lighter and has improved the tunability of the chassis. For now, I would suggest you run the standard targa top and try to mount it as rigidly as possible. I never realized how flexible the 914 chassis is until I did put in the new top. Now, I can feel very small changes in sway bar settings where before I couldn't. FWIW

Do you possibly have a build thread on your top? I am curious how you went about it.

Sorry, no build thread. I haven't been frequenting this site much lately......too many people telling me what to do and what not. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Apr 4 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Woody @ Apr 4 2013, 09:37 AM) *

I am going to be caging the car soon and tying in all the pick up points. I was just curious how borderline went about it.

If I was just autoxing, I'd seriously consider doing what Bill did. Huge weight difference vs. a full cage. Cost would also be a lot less.

Don't have any stats to prove my point, other that having watch and driven in Bill's car - it does handle extremely well.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:15 AM