Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Denver: anyone know Rocky Mountain Motorsport?, I am looking at a 996 that they have
airkewl
post Nov 16 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 120

Does anyone have any experience with Rocky Mountin Motorsports in Denver, good or bad?

I am thinking about a 99 996 that they have there, and want to know their reputation.

If anyone is in the vicinty and could drop by and check it out that would be great. I want to confirm that it is indeed excellent as they describe, before I get on a plane to check it out.

Rocky Mountain Eurosport
885 S Oneida St
Denver, CO 80224
Phone: (303)742-2222
www.rmeurosport.com

Thanks in advance for any help.
Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 16 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Rocky Mountain Eurosport sounds vaguely familiar, but I have no practical experience. 996's are out of my league, but I'd know a paint scratch or chip when I saw one. I suppose I might have time tomorrow to look at it for you, but I would rather see someone that knows later model P-cars to help you. I'll check this thread again tomorrow to see if that person steps up.

Just outa curiosity, why would you have to travel 1200+ miles to buy a 996?
+Quote Post
joea9146
post Nov 17 2004, 09:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 283
Region Association: None

You can try the 911 board on pelican maybe one of those guys may have some
dealings with them.

Pelican_911_BBS
+Quote Post
airkewl
post Nov 17 2004, 09:43 AM
Post #4

The answer is the car has the right options. Its a 99 996 C4, in Guards red, low miles with sport suspension, all leather (not just partial), aero kit, and the carbon/aluminum trim package, litronics, and a bunch of other nice features. So if this car was local, the seller and I would proably have worked out a deal by now. But that particular combination doesn't come along every day.

Certainly it is a long way to go, but figuring in a day trip to see the car and the shipping, and it amounts to about $1500 on the price. So it then becomes: can I get the seller to a point where I can cover that difference in his price, vs what I can find locally. And if the answer to that is no, then I will wait patiently for the right car to come along here.

So I will work on him for price, and if we can get that sorted out, I will go there with the intention of buying if it stands up to his claims. But having another opinion prior to that time would help me in my confidence. The main things I am looking for are not 996 specific areas, they are more as you noted. I want to know its cosmetic state: paint, leather, wheels, are the tires new as claimed. And perhaps most importanly, put a hand under the sump at the rear seal end (seam between the engine and the transmission) and see if it is leaking. The RMS is a $1000 item to fix, and it is not uncommon on the 99's. Also, I would like to be reassured that this is a real brick and mortar business, not just a web site and a phone.

So if you are in the neighborhood and can drop by, see Leon, and tell him you are there on my behalf, and give it the once over. If you like Porsches, there are other 993s, 996s and a Turbo in his inventory.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Tony
+Quote Post
seanery
post Nov 17 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #5

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

That sure is a great looking car!
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 17 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #6

Mike Ginter

OK, I just got off of the phone with Leon. I'll be down there at 1:00 Mountain.

I don't have my camera with me.

Call my cell Tony. 720-480-2540
+Quote Post
gopack
post Nov 17 2004, 01:02 PM
Post #7

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

I bought my M3 from them. I feel like it was a pretty good price , and I love the car, but I got a strange feeling that they were a little shady! (for instance when I got there to look at the car, there was another guy looking at it, no one else there at all). made me feel like it was a pressure sell set up. Also he told me that it had a CD changer, and when I looked at it it didnt, so he "magnanimously" offered to send me one. turns out he bid on one on Ebay and had it shipped to my house.
as far as the car goes I love it. it is a joy to drive, and has had no problems since I bought it in march.

P.S. I also dealt with Leon there.
+Quote Post
airkewl
post Nov 17 2004, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Thanks Mark: at elast we know its a real business and good to hear you had a good purchase there. I just had a phone call with Mike, and he was out test driving tough assignment) it at the time, so we'll know more soon.

Thanks guys for your help, really appreciated.

Tony
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 17 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #9

Mike Ginter

Man, that job really sucked! But somebody had to do it, right?

Seriously, that was better than my best day at work. Although the wind noise was just a wee bit loud north of 120 MPH. Not really, but I had to throw in that part. The stereo covers it up nicely anyway. The brakes also hauled the car back down to 65 with no fuss, pull or fade. Pitty I didn't think to open the sunroof until after I regained my senses. It suprised me how easy this car was to drive in a docile fashion too. Oh, and, I didn't bother looking for rust.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Nice car. I spent 40 minutes and 2 highways driving it. Lots of surface streets also. Real honest to god building with a LOT of 911's among other things, Jag's, Bimmers, you get the idea.

Anywhoo....

As I said on the phone, the car drove out well. No issues. It pulled to the left a tiny bit on very few ocasions. I think that was primarily due to the crown of the road, surface condition, and these Conti Sport Contact 2 sneakers. The tires are also not new. Right rear is 1/16" from the tread wear indicators, left rear a little more tread, the fronts are closer to 1/8". But of course on these tires that still leaves you some room to play with. The bumper cover has been repainted as Leon said. It is just the slightest bit brighter red than the rest of the car. But that's typical of red. It's a bitch to match. The very small paint chips on the front fenders and trunk lid have been touched up well. None are exposed. There are also quite a lot of tiny paint chips from sand (winter road stuff) under the rear wing. But you have to open the rear deck lid to see them. Or bend over at the waist and crank your head upside down. There was also the one left rear factory rack attachment point cover that would only partially close. Leather interior and carbon fibre accoutrements as indicated by Leon.
+Quote Post
airkewl
post Nov 17 2004, 04:51 PM
Post #10

Mike
Thanks for you're quick turn around on this matter, and I hope that the drive was worth the effort. I am sufficiently comforted that there is a real business,and that the car warrants further negotiation. I still need him to move a not-insgnificant bit, particulalry due to shipping costs. I'll let the list know how that turns out.
Thanks again.
Tony
+Quote Post
airkewl
post Dec 17 2004, 12:16 PM
Post #11

Well I bought it. Went to Denver on my way to DC last Monday, saw and drove the car, finalized the deal with Leon, and it was delivered here in Kirkland yesterday. Shipping was $550, which I beleive more than covered the deal I got, compared to what the local cars, particularly through the Barrier and Park Place sell for.

Couldn't drive it to work today, my wife took it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Thanks for the help in making the decision
Tony
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Dec 17 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64

$550 is a good price for Denver/Seattle. Who was the carrier? Open or enclosed? I may need to ship a car soon.
+Quote Post
airkewl
post Dec 17 2004, 02:32 PM
Post #13

Truck was open, but I managed to get mine second on, on top behind a Lexus, so low probability of rock dings.

Accelerated Services 720-200-3100. I didn't deal with them until it got here; it is a carrier that Rocky Mountain Eurosports uses.

Tony
+Quote Post
Gint
post Dec 17 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #14

Mike Ginter

Congratulations Tony!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:39 AM