Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Members in NM, south CO, nw TX, Feeling leftout?
Series9
post Nov 17 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

I'm wondering if there are enough members in New Mexico, Colorado and northwest Texas to put something together here in Albuquerque.

If you're in the area, check in and let's see if we can put something together.

We could (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chatsmiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 17 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #2

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

You're timing isn't the greatest, but it's a good idea.
+Quote Post
Series9
post Nov 17 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #3

I'm not looking to do something immediately. I'd just like to put together a list of members in the area and start a discussion about the potential for a future event.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Nov 17 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Host a breakfast/lunch. See who comes. Dec 5 seems to be the last day in the near future. If no one shows up, it's a nice drive for you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) People will more likely show up to an "event" than just pipe up here. Gotta bribe them with the potential of food.
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Nov 18 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #5

ZippidyDoDah...

Member No.: 645

The problem is, that New Mexico is a very sparsley populated area. Put Albuquerque in the center and every other major city is at least 300 miles away. 300 miles of NOTHING! It's not fun to be broken down in TorC New Mexico with a 914 let me tell you. Or worse (And this really happened) My 914 back in college broke down at the rest stop near mile marker 115. 40 miles from anything but the Owl Cafe! Good burgers and worth the walk that day!

"I would drive up to the Owl if anyone else is game!"

(SIDENOTE: for anyone who would like to know what the drive is like from Las Cruces to Albuquerque it's simple. It's just like the pictures of the country side in the Middle East! Miles and miles of dirt and shrubs. Minus the Camels.. No Wait I think they do have some Camels near White Sands.)
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Nov 18 2004, 10:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,102

Back when I still had my Ferrari it wasn't unusual for me and a buddy to get up at the crack of dawn and head to Little Anita's in Old Town Alb. from Colorado Springs!

Would love to do another road trip down there - just can't take my 'it ain't ever gonna run' 914 yet.

Hey Rockaria: know your fears....drove to Vegas via Utah in my Ferrari - imaging THAT breaking down halfway between SLC and St George! At least w/914 most anyone can work on it and parts are never more than a few hours away.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 18 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #7

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

If you caress it's body with good wax, change the fluids and adjust the valves, the 14 will take you to the ends of the universe. <_<
+Quote Post
Mountain914
post Nov 18 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Too much time in thin air!

Member No.: 725
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

At this point in time - reliability would be my issue (and no spare, besides)
Once I get 'er running I'll be in (looking at a year in the future though !)
+Quote Post
gopack
post Nov 18 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #9

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Joe.
You already know about me. I emailed with another member in Corrales a year ago, but never met him either. His member name was durtkillon, but I can't find him on the members search and haven't seen anything from him in a while . I know there are more teeners around, because I see them occasionally even here in unpopulated northern NM. Like so many other members, I don't have a (driveable) 914, but i would love to have some sort of get together for b-fast or lunch , or even dinner.

good luck!
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Nov 18 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #10

ZippidyDoDah...

QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 18 2004, 11:39 AM)
the 14 will take you to the ends of the universe.

And that is exactly where the fickel girl likes to leave you. when you are least expecting it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

[End of the universe = TorC, New Mexico]
+Quote Post
Series9
post Nov 18 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Rockaria @ Nov 18 2004, 07:59 AM)
The problem is, that New Mexico is a very sparsley populated area. Put Albuquerque in the center and every other major city is at least 300 miles away. 300 miles of NOTHING! It's not fun to be broken down in TorC New Mexico with a 914 let me tell you. Or worse (And this really happened) My 914 back in college broke down at the rest stop near mile marker 115. 40 miles from anything but the Owl Cafe! Good burgers and worth the walk that day!

"I would drive up to the Owl if anyone else is game!"

(SIDENOTE: for anyone who would like to know what the drive is like from Las Cruces to Albuquerque it's simple. It's just like the pictures of the country side in the Middle East! Miles and miles of dirt and shrubs. Minus the Camels.. No Wait I think they do have some Camels near White Sands.)

Let's not exaggerate. 300 miles of nothing? Come on, I've driven every mile of interstate in NM and it's rare to go 20 miles between gas stations, and cell phone service on the highway is virtually contiguous.

I'm sure the guys that drove from Austin to Oklahoma by themselves would have had a bad time too, if they would have broken down 300 miles from home.

Driving hundreds of miles to any of the 914 events entails some risk, but there's some beautiful mountain driving around Albuquerque and I think it would be worth it to potential attendees.

Besides, my best friend owns a brewery... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post Nov 18 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #12

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 288

QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 18 2004, 09:39 AM)
If you caress it's body with good wax, change the fluids and adjust the valves, the 14 will take you to the ends of the universe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Yeah, until you smack a concrete divider, with your ass...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Nov 19 2004, 08:53 AM
Post #13

ZippidyDoDah...

QUOTE(914RS @ Nov 18 2004, 08:33 PM)
...but there's some beautiful mountain driving around Albuquerque and I think it would be worth it to potential attendees....

I agree, The drive from Santa Fe to Los Alamos and then over the Jemez to Jemez Springs and then to Albuquerque is one of the most beautiful drives in the world. The cool part is that it is a peacfull non touristy place.

Back in College I had a 914 as my only vehicle and I drove a lot from Santa Fe South to college and back down I-25. I got so used to breaking down I had a kit with parts tools and I always parked on a hill. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

But that drive is so long. I usually need a 4 day weekend and other plans as well before I do it.

Speaking of really nasty driving, the drive from Farmington down route 666 to ABQ is hellish. And The road from El Paso to Austin really has not much between the two. And I feel bad for anyone who has to drive in Wyoming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
gopack
post Nov 19 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #14

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Haven't you head? Route 666 has been renamed, and made 4 lanes the whole way now. It is now US 550. I guess the right wing conservative christians didn't liek the number of the beast (oops is that a political statement)
+Quote Post
Rockaria
post Nov 19 2004, 09:13 AM
Post #15

ZippidyDoDah...

QUOTE(gopack @ Nov 19 2004, 09:02 AM)
Haven't you head?  Route 666 has been renamed, and made 4 lanes the whole way now.  It is now US 550. ...

I haven't been up since the 80s so I did not know. That will make the ride from Gallup to Durango so much better.
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Nov 19 2004, 09:30 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 2,102

QUOTE(Rockaria @ Nov 19 2004, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE(gopack @ Nov 19 2004, 09:02 AM)
Haven't you head?  Route 666 has been renamed, and made 4 lanes the whole way now.  It is now US 550. ...

I haven't been up since the 80s so I did not know. That will make the ride from Gallup to Durango so much better.

Gallup!! My home town - grew up there (and Gamerco). 666 Shiprock area is beautiful too.

Now all my realtives are in Belen/Los Lunas area.

All this talk is making me think a 914 is even worse than a 308 in travel reliability....might have to re-think going back to a 911!
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Nov 19 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #17

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I'v driven my 75 to Albequerque twice. Once on the way to San diego, and once on the way back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Never broke down. Have a good bud in the las vegas/ watrous area I've driven my 914 there twice as well. 8 hours from Tulsa. He lives on the Pecos river, off 116(?) Here's a pic of me crossing the river to get to his house. Then ya drive thru and ghost town to his house. Cool place. I'd be up for the drive over if the time was right.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
David_S
post Nov 19 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 680
Region Association: Southwest Region

I am from the Amarillo area and don't have a running 914 yet either, but I could possibly be game for something !!!!
+Quote Post
Hammer920
post Nov 20 2004, 10:57 AM
Post #19

It's a Learning Experience

Member No.: 1,989

I'm from the Lubbock area 30 miles west of Lubbock, if the time was right I would be interested, 914 not running right now but wil be. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Series9
post Nov 20 2004, 11:29 AM
Post #20

Thanks for checking in guys. I'm making a list (not checking it twice) and I'll have something for us in '05.

Any one else?

Let's do it like this: If you live within the area confined by a line from Amarillo-Lubbock-El Paso-Flagstaff-Durango-Denver-Amarillo (or close to it), check in so I know how many we have. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

...man, where's the hungover smiley? I need it this morning. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:11 AM