Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How your Headlight Motors Work., A description with pictures.
ClayPerrine
post Oct 2 2021, 11:02 AM
Post #21

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

In the last paragraph. Is that something that could have accidentally been changed on both sides, that would make my lights go down when the switch is pulled out?
Picture of it would be nice.

Also, is there a diagram of the wires that go to the headlight switch, and colors. It's on a 1975.
[/quote]

If the wires on the plugs between the headlight motors and the harness is hooked up wrong, the light will go down when the switch is turned on.

I don't have a 75 wiring diagram. The bird board used to have them up on it, but Porsche got pissy and made them take it down. You can go to the wayback machine and find them there.

Clay
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Oct 2 2021, 12:24 PM
Post #22

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

This may help…fwiw…I ended up wiring mine backwards…down was up and vice versa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
https://youtu.be/lx5tKgLG-_k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
partwerks
post Oct 2 2021, 04:03 PM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,787

[quote name='ClayPerrine' date='Oct 2 2021, 09:02 AM' post='2949812']
In the last paragraph. Is that something that could have accidentally been changed on both sides, that would make my lights go down when the switch is pulled out?
Picture of it would be nice.

Also, is there a diagram of the wires that go to the headlight switch, and colors. It's on a 1975.
[/quote]

If the wires on the plugs between the headlight motors and the harness is hooked up wrong, the light will go down when the switch is turned on.

I don't have a 75 wiring diagram. The bird board used to have them up on it, but Porsche got pissy and made them take it down. You can go to the wayback machine and find them there.

Clay
[/quote]

Long story short, the wires in that plastic clip, somehow, somewhere, someone, got them flip flopped. Lights now work, but having trouble with the left turn signals not working, and wipers not working, and hazards are 1/2 as bright?

Odd thing is that I had gotten them wrinkles out from the previous X mechanic that had things all botched up. I mean like putting a foglight switch in place of a headlight switch. But the person I got it from, sent the wrong one, and I had sent it directly to him. Not sure what model it was.

Also, didn't the 75-76 have a 3rd speed wiper, and the relay mounted on the DS cowl support? If so, that never got hooked back up, and I'm not so sure I don't have the correct wiper switch. I think my X mechanic got one that doesn't have that part where you push the lever down to activate it.

Is there a diagram with colors and numbers that I could get for the headlight switch, and the 3rd speed wiper delay for a 1975?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 2 2021, 06:32 PM
Post #24

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

All 914-4s had a 2 speed wiper. There was an optional delay relay that could be added. I have the relay and the harness to go in Betty's car when I put it back together.

Clay
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:56 PM