Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maint. Reminder #001, Doors, windows, handles...
redshift
post Nov 18 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

Get out the lube, and the tools, and let's do our doors.. hinges, window parts, latches..

Mine needed it bad..

Check your door handle screws, my passenger side one had been a little loose, and not using that door myself, it was asking to be broken off by people who don't know how to grab it. It was wobbly.

Save a few bucks, look around the places you don't normally look, and spend a few minutes with them.

!

M
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave Bell
post Nov 18 2004, 08:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,398
Region Association: None

Couple years ago, the F150 was parked near a man made lake out near Bakersfield CA... while we were wake boarding with friends out on the lake, a couple of unopened cans of Coke were sitting in the cup holders near the ash tray...

The summer temps inside the truck blew up the cans... amazing thing was not drop of coke was left inside the cans... it all blew out... all over the cab, all over the windshield and windows and headliner of the truck... When I first got in, I though someone had broken in and vandalized us... then I figured it out... What a frigging mess!... car detailer was able to clean the visible insides... but talk about windows that were hard to roll down!!!

Now when the cold winters come here in LA, (Read temp drops into the 60's), I have to "winterize" my truck in October by shooting a little lube into the door lock to make sure it won't get stuck in the cold.

And yes the 914 door and window bits do work a lot better with some clean up and lube.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Nov 18 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

I was in a band from Michigan, traveling thru S. Florida..

We stopped at a place for lunch, and as we were walking out, someone's van spit out a windshield, and what looked like a 5 gallon drum of talc.. POW!!!!!!!!! POOOF!!!!! Aerosol can... on the dash... big Right Guard go boom! Smelled great!

We almost left our light dood in that van, he never smelled good. (and later was found to be a mothership for crabs)

M
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Nov 18 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #4

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

never buy "Winter" formula windshield washer fluid in Texas and then drive North. Your washer bottle will thaw out about May........
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 09:51 PM