Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxster ride, at the driver training thingy
J P Stein
post Nov 19 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

I got a ride in the thing. It's a legal B stocker in SCCA....the driver won the hotly contested class locally. He's good and so is the car. He rode with me prior to this and gave a few pointers on the slalom....gud stuff. He was certainly faster thru the section (PSM?), but what impressed me most was the brakes.....ABS is glorious. No drama at the entrance to the following sweeper......whereas I was all over the place in my car.

The only place I impressed anyone (a 993 driver/instructor) was on the "threshold braking" area. You were supposed to accelerate up to 60 mph then brake at the cones. I was wide guts in 3rd when we got to the cones......OTG in 2nd he said ..."wooo" or sumthin.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 03:37 AM