Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stuck rocker cheesehead screws, The three on the bottom
moldygreg
post Apr 18 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Stay Golden

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,253
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

First time these rockers have been off ever! Drilled out original rivets and then cleared out three ponds of dirt! Amazingly, rust free!

Anyway, the damn three cheesehead screws won't budge. Snapped one off and will have to drill out (another fun project forthcoming)

Currently blasting and letting them soak 24 hours with penetrating lube from Tacoma screw
http://www.tacomascrew.com/s.nl/it.A/id.61346/.f

Questions: Is there a penetrating bolt busting lube that reigns supreme or is mine good enough?

How long should I wait?

Any other tips? I don't have access to a welder so I can't tack on a better bolt head to loosen unfortunately.

I also have mapp gas, but the rocker panel seems like it's acting like a heat shield and I suspect isn't getting the bolt hot enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:49 AM