Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> my surface rust only ebay 73 2.0 follow up
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Oakland, Ca

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,437
Region Association: Northern California

well so I have dug around in the longs and the hellhole and my body guy and myself feel to make her perfect its gonna be 12k including all welding and beautiful paint. you can see photos if you check my other posts. she is a very original un-tampered with 73 2.0 so seems a great donor BUT they guy on ebay 'porsche-doctor' ripped me off on her at 7500. SO not sure to go ahead and bite the bullet OR try to sell her to someone who needs a complete, original, excellent driving 73 for a big loss maybe i can get 3500?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 25 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(adiokyro @ Apr 25 2013, 12:13 PM) *

well so I have dug around in the longs and the hellhole and my body guy and myself feel to make her perfect its gonna be 12k including all welding and beautiful paint. you can see photos if you check my other posts. she is a very original un-tampered with 73 2.0 so seems a great donor BUT they guy on ebay 'porsche-doctor' ripped me off on her at 7500. SO not sure to go ahead and bite the bullet OR try to sell her to someone who needs a complete, original, excellent driving 73 for a big loss maybe i can get 3500?

You are into it now. Spend the money and you will have $20K into the car and have one of the most desireable 914/4's that may eventually catch up in value to what you have in it. In the interim you will have a car you can enjoy every day. You will also know that the car has been done right and know everything about it.

Sell the car and take the $4K to $4.5K hit and you'll be sans car and sans money.

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 25 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(adiokyro @ Apr 25 2013, 09:13 AM) *

Who is your body guy?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 25 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #4

Car Hoarder!

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 01:36 PM) *

Who is your body guy?

$12K is pretty damn close for the rust that car is showing!
+Quote Post
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #5

Oakland, Ca

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 10:36 AM) *

Who is your body guy?

lol well one is named andy, the welder larry ( :
+Quote Post
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #6

Oakland, Ca

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 01:36 PM) *

Who is your body guy?

$12K is pretty damn close for the rust that car is showing!

yea I think the quote actually pretty solid---andy schank in richmond hes a big alfa guy
+Quote Post
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #7

Oakland, Ca

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(adiokyro @ Apr 25 2013, 12:13 PM) *

You are into it now. Spend the money and you will have $20K into the car and have one of the most desireable 914/4's that may eventually catch up in value to what you have in it. In the interim you will have a car you can enjoy every day. You will also know that the car has been done right and know everything about it.

Sell the car and take the $4K to $4.5K hit and you'll be sans car and sans money.

yea I am leaning towards keeping...
+Quote Post
hydroliftin
post Apr 25 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,180

SO not sure to go ahead and bite the bullet OR try to sell her to someone who needs a complete, original, excellent driving 73 for a big loss maybe i can get 3500?

I am sorry to hear that the car was not as expected. What was eBay able to do with their buyer protection on car purchases? Why can't you just get the purchase price back and have the seller pick it up?'
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 25 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #9

Resident German

QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Apr 25 2013, 12:18 PM) *
Why can't you just get the purchase price back and have the seller pick it up?'

"they guy on ebay 'porsche-doctor' ripped me off"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Apr 25 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #10

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I agree with fighting for a return
even if you loose the shipping costs, you get most of your money back to find one without rust.....

and always pull the rocker covers on any car you buy... always...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Apr 25 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #11

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Every purchase should be contngent on a pre-purchase inspection conducted by an independent professional not connected with the seller, or other owner/forum member with plenty of experience working on 914s.
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Apr 25 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #12

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

I am always amused with the people who say "get your money back from eBay"...if anyone really knew what they actually "protect" against, you would see it isn't a protection at all.

It basically protects the buyer from paying for a Ferrari and getting a box of dirt in the mail.
+Quote Post
brant
post Apr 25 2013, 02:07 PM
Post #13

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 25 2013, 02:03 PM) *

I am always amused with the people who say "get your money back from eBay"...if anyone really knew what they actually "protect" against, you would see it isn't a protection at all.

It basically protects the buyer from paying for a Ferrari and getting a box of dirt in the mail.

fair enough
I'm sorry that isn't a realistic option

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Apr 25 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #14

Teener fo Life!

That wasn't a shot at you brant, just misdirected frustration with eBay's BS policy. As I get bitter in my old age, blatant lies from companies get to me more and more. Really need to learn to let them go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 25 2013, 01:07 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 25 2013, 02:03 PM) *

fair enough
I'm sorry that isn't a realistic option

+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 25 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #15

Resident German

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 25 2013, 01:17 PM) *
That wasn't a shot at you brant, just misdirected frustration with eBay's BS policy. As I get bitter in my old age, blatant lies from companies get to me more and more. Really need to learn to let them go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I fail to see why eBay should be responsible for misrepresented items.
The *seller* is the one who should be held responsible!

eBay just provides a place for people to buy and sell.

Saying eBay should pay is like saying the state should be paying for your car accident because they provided the street you drove on.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Apr 25 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #16

Car Hoarder!

As one who has a bought and sold several cars on ebay I can tell you that unless there is a title issue (stolen, falsified title, etc.) you are out of luck.

Ebay has no teeth. How are they going to get money back from a seller? It's not going to happen. Ebay is like craigslist or anything else...caveat emptor

I feel bad for the buyer. He got royally screwed. That being said, if the car is the color he likes, is a good running '73 appearance group car, etc. then at least he has a foundation to start with. He can build a nice car out of this with time and $$. In the end, it may be a worthwhile project if he keeps it a few years.
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Apr 25 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #17

Teener fo Life!

I would agree Andy except that eBay put that protection in place to falsely give reassurance that its safe to buy vehicles on eBay.

I understand that it's buyer beware and its up to them to know what they are getting into but I don't think it's right that instead of eBay stating that, they try to mask it by pretending they are there to help the buyers.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 01:31 PM) *

Saying eBay should pay is like saying the state should be paying for your car accident because they provided the street you drove on.

+Quote Post
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #18

Oakland, Ca

QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Apr 25 2013, 12:18 PM) *

SO not sure to go ahead and bite the bullet OR try to sell her to someone who needs a complete, original, excellent driving 73 for a big loss maybe i can get 3500?

I am sorry to hear that the car was not as expected. What was eBay able to do with their buyer protection on car purchases? Why can't you just get the purchase price back and have the seller pick it up?'
ebay said becuase the car is more than 10 years old they will not cover : (
+Quote Post
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #19

Oakland, Ca

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 25 2013, 01:03 PM) *

YES THIS IS TRUE!!! if you comb through the fine print they are not protecting you AT ALL
+Quote Post
adiokyro
post Apr 25 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #20

Oakland, Ca

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 01:31 PM) *

true, but they should force a return sale from the liar
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:53 AM