Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> my surface rust only ebay 73 2.0 follow up
biosurfer1
post Apr 25 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #41

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 02:58 PM) *

I'll try one more time ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nobody here has ever bought anything *from* eBay. You bought a car *through* eBay. Not the same ...

If you go to your local Saturday morning farmers market and you buy a unopened box of tomatoes from a vendor and you don't inspect them until you get home and then you find they're all rotten, do you then immediately go to city hall to try to get your money back from the city?

Because in the example above, city hall is just like eBay, they provide the marketplace for vendors and customers.

Displacing blame and responsibility onto eBay will not get you anywhere.
Instead, you should be going after the vendor who screwed you.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Ah but Andy, in this analogy would your stance change if city hall had guaranteed that if you bought the tomatoes from the farmers market, they would be as described or you would get your money back only to find out that because you bought green tomatoes instead of red, you cannot collect anything?

Because eBay makes that guarantee to make buyers feel safer, I believe they have skin in the game. All they have to do is put in bold letters on their website "Buyer beware, all sales are as-is with no warranties" and then they could be excused. The fact that they purposely jump in there makes them liable if you ask me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 25 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #42

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2013, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(adiokyro @ Apr 25 2013, 02:51 PM) *
well my body guy has decided not to take on the project

Contact McMark at Original Customs, he's semi local (Sonoma) and very handy with sheet metal.

http://www.originalcustoms.com/

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) you need this evaluated by a 914 expert. McMark is your guy. He may be able to utilize some restoration designs panels and save it for you...
+Quote Post
carr914
post Apr 25 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #43

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(dpires914 @ Apr 25 2013, 07:38 PM) *

Ebay listing for item # 140918134363

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...0cf60165b#v4-40

Adiokyro's other post

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=207510&hl=

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It happened to me when I bought my first one and before I knew where to look.

Can't you shop around for other quotes?

Not to discredit the Buyer (& you are probably a 914 Neophyte), but looking at those Pictures in the eBay ad would have told me there was significant Rust and it was from NY. The Buyer is in CA the Home of Rust-Free cars and where they cut up cars that people in the Northeast would drool over
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Apr 25 2013, 10:25 PM
Post #44

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 25 2013, 09:00 PM) *

Not to discredit the Buyer (& you are probably a 914 Neophyte), but looking at those Pictures in the eBay ad would have told me there was significant Rust and it was from NY. The Buyer is in CA the Home of Rust-Free cars and where they cut up cars that people in the Northeast would drool over

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

There are many many many much nicer cars in that price point around here... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 08:13 PM