Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shop questions to ask
Ferg
post Jan 21 2003, 12:25 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

My 74 2.0 is going in for push rod tube seals, and Trans seals, Main front seal, and the linkage seal. I would normally do this myself, but don't want to. The shop I'm using is mainly a vw place, but I know the owner well, and trust him. He has worked on 914's before. This will be a first for this car. He states that the will do all pushrods, two seals on the trans, and check out my clutch while the tranny is down. He states he will have no problem getting the "right' parts seals ect. He estimated 530 bucks for everything, unless I need a new clutch. Any must do things, or things I can say or ask to make sure it's done right?? Thanks Ferg.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 21 2003, 01:13 PM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

What is his plan for doing the tube seals? Viton seals? Lots of red silicon to make sure they are sealed? Is he cleaning the pushrod seal bores? Is he checking the tappets for wear? I would atlteast plan on putting in a new clutch disc if the motor is out. A whole clutch kit is better-new disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. Also change the clutch pivot bearing while you are in there, they always seem to be toast. What tranny oil is he refilling with? Swepco 201?
Geoff
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jan 21 2003, 01:53 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Thanks Geoff, I'm going to call him right now and ask all your questions. I use swepco, right now, I doubt he will have it, but think I can get some before tomrrow. Mike
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 11:06 PM