Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clutch Pedal Goes to the Floor, ...after a bunch of adjustments and running perfekt
Dave_Darling
post May 20 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #41

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 19 2013, 06:11 PM) *

The rest of the cluster looks ok. Did the factory use brass bushings?

How does it come apart?

The factory used plastic bushings. Yours has been apart before.

That pedal arm is f***ed. Find another one.

The cluster comes apart when you push the shafts out of it.

I'd be looking around on the classifieds for a used cluster. I don't think I would trust yours.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 20 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #42

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I feel bolts are the wrong material/design for this application in pretty much any form. If the section of bolt that passes through the arm is threaded, those threads can deform and begin a wobble that will only get worse with time. The only setup that I would feel even remotely comfortable with would a bolt that has a shoulder that would carry the side loads, like the one below. A standard bolt isn't hard enough either. I would want a 12.9 bolt it I were going to even think about something like that.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img.directindustry.com-419-1369114868.1.jpg)

The reason the roll pin was used was because it allows for an interference fit that won't come loose with heat or wear. It's also multiple layers of hardened spring steel, so it won't shear. That little piece of metal is taking a LOT of load.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:12 PM