Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Restoring oxidized single stage paint, using Auto Geek instructions
turk22
post May 27 2013, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Treetop Flyer

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,725
Region Association: Upper MidWest

All,

I ran across this thread to restore single stage paint that was heavily oxidized. The basic premise is to wash, claybar, Meguires #7, and wax.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-ex...age-paints.html

I washed my car with regular soapy car wash water, as it was really dirty. I claybared the car, after using the baggie test and not being surprised it needed it. I did three applications of #7 per the how-to thread. I had actually previously bought some Klasse AIO and Sealent. I have to say the clay and #7 worked wonders (I left my second application of #7 on overnight), and the Klasse AIO was really easy to work with, and cleaned and shined paint, chrome and glass... really impressed with that stuff.

The caveat is that single stage white paint is very hard, and its hard to show in pictures how well it came out, but given how bad shape my original paint was, the improvement is dramatic.

Here's some pics after I was done:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:29 AM