Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SVDA - Does anyone have one installed?, And has a good picture of where the #1 spark plug wire is?
ThePaintedMan
post May 28 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Okay,
Back to basics before I give up on this engine completely. I've had the SVDA dizzy on my car off and on throughout the year, and I recently re-installed it. As per my other thread, the car runs but simply falls on it's face and backfires like crazy at 4,000 rpm.
I'm beginning to wonder if I've had my wires installed 180 degrees out the whole time. I understand the process of finding TDC on #1, and that the rotor should be pointing toward the #1 spark plug wire when everything is hunky-dory. I've used multiple resources, but the process is explained here:

http://www.hot-spark.eu/docs/Installing-SVDA-034.pdf

The problem that no one ever seems to acknowledge is that the distributor turns. So when I have the engine at TDC, how do I know the rotor is pointing at the true #1 spark plug wire? If I turn the dizzy 90 degrees to the left or the right, I'm at a different plug wire.

What would really help me is if someone who has an SVDA installed would post a picture and point out where #1 is on their setup. Sorry, but I have a habit of making the really simple things far too complicated. But I thank you for your help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:52 PM