Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> San Bernardino Auto Cross, Thanks to all who came out to play !!
964Guy
post Nov 28 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,188

Hi all, it's Keith the Guy with the white 964 cab. I wanted to say thank you to all who came out to race on Saturday at the Riverside Region PCA Auto Cross.

It was a lot of fun having a new group of excited drivers to share the course with and I hope to see all of you and more at the next event. It is always a pleasure to meet drivers and owners from other groups and your input was most welcome.

Here are the Web Adds for the PCA and My site for the Riverside region feel free to check them out for times and dates of events. Also feel free to use my site to post your own events.

Here is my site:
http://groups.msn.com/RowdyRiversidePorscheClub

Here is the PCA for the Riverside region;
http://www.pca.org/riv/home.html

Thank you all againjava script:emoticon(':worship:')
smilie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JoeSharpOld
post Nov 29 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Does it seem cold to you

Member No.: 2,001

I had a great time, and your welcome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
JoeSharpOld
post Nov 29 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Does it seem cold to you

You've prolly seen this one.
sorry I did the same one 2 times I have another pic of your car but I cant find it now.
Joe

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 29 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Thanks Keith for putting the event together. Keep us informed (several weeks ahead of time) about your events. Several of us NorCal guy's are thinking about heading down for a weekend event. It would be *nice* if you could put together a Zone 2 day event like GGR does with SacValley region and like Fresno does with Yosemite region.

Our local regions have REALLY enjoyed having all our 914 people show up to their events. They are liking the fact that the car counts are UP. You keep holding events.. and we will keep pushing people to drive their cars.

B
+Quote Post
martman
post Nov 29 2004, 10:30 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,290

Hi there Marty here,

Just want to say had a great time at San Berdo AX (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) ( the Yellow Leaning 914)
This was my first time doing AX. I first was going out there to just ride around learn and then it hit NO HOLDING BACK. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
I learned alot about the car and the handling part, I have not pushed the car before, so it was a neat feeling to know what it can and can't do. I do know what I have to do as far as the suspension is concern. It was good to come out with it bone stock and feel it then go back out with you think ?? maybe?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) sway bar / shocks.

Well I am looking forward to doing this again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Joe nice pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks Keith for the info. see ya soon
+Quote Post
964Guy
post Nov 29 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #6

The evsnt would not have been as enjoyable without the support. We have as much fun watching drivers improve their track times, push themselves and their cars to their limits as we do driving ourselves. Im not the one who put together the events, that is Jim Burke the president of the Riverside region for the PCA. Bruce Herrington was the Man in charge for the day. Both have been in the pilots seats for years, Bruce, going back to the begining days of racing Porsches ( his favorite is the 356).
I will make sure that they both know how much fun you all had at the track, they will love to hear it.

Joe I would like to use some of Your Pics for the web site if I may and possibly for our region news letter. For some reason when I look at them the song "I can Fly" from Peter Pan comes to mind. thanks for taking those.

Marty I'm glad you had fun The wife and I drive for a living soo Our first time out on the track was the same reaction,, I would suggest Koni adjustables front and rear. Buds tire and wheel did my setup and they are the best that I have found for AX. Setting them up can take some time bet it is worth the effort. BIG adjustable sway bars. When you get better than the car in ability then look at new springs and torsion bars turbo tie rods and Polygraphite bushings. You will be surprised at how quickly that is with regular track time. From where I was it looked like you were picking it up quick and having alot of fun.

Brad thanks again, We will be doing Our club planning for the year 2005 after Xmas. I will do my best to support all road/track events for the 2005 season. for those of you who drove you understand how addicting it can be so We will be pushing hard to have another season at the local level. The big event to plan for is the California Festival of speed at the fontana motor speed way. The goal is to have it become the worlds largest Porsche event. Concours, Auto X, Auction and Laps on the big track. I'll let all of you know when the date is in.
+Quote Post
JoeSharpOld
post Nov 29 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #7

Does it seem cold to you

Guy: Looked for a place to post pics, but no go. Any pics you want your welcomo to. Just e-mail me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Joe
+Quote Post
964Guy
post Nov 30 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #8

Thanks Joe Brandon said he has a set comming so i'll use his, I needed you okeydokey befor i uploaded them to another site. Horribly Rude and low brow to do so without the blessing of the photographer. Thanks !!
The MSN site you can upload your heart out but you need to signup and log in. No cost no fees ect. ect.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:21 AM