Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 76 D-jetronics problems, Only one injector working
Malpais82e
post Jun 5 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,968
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have a 76 914 that's been in my barn for 10 years. Trying to get it running again. I’ve searched this forum and other forums and the internet extensively, and can’t find an answer, or don’t recognize it!
My questions are:
1: Can bad or maladjusted trigger points shut down 3 injectors and allow one to work?
2: If the throttle switch, when throttle is stroked, cycles one injector about 20 times, shouldn’t it make all injectors click? Just one does.
3: Does the throttle switch bypass the Control Unit or at least the computing in the Control Unit?

What I’ve done so far:
Sprayed gasoline into the throttle body. Ignition system and timing work – thing runs and sounds good.
The relay board and sockets needed cleaning, and I got the relays working so the Fuel Pump and control module have power as I’ve read they should. Fuel pump runs a few second when key is turned on. Pressure is about 30 psi.
I’ve also read that moving the throttle (and switch) should, cause the injectors to “click”). Only #4 cylinder injector does anything.
I then re-did the grounds and rang out the wires to all injectors - grounds to ground and power wires to appropriate connections on the Control Unit - all had continuity.
I took the injectors out and sure enough, only #4 sprays gasoline. If I move the #4 wires to another injector, it works, so only #4 connector is getting a signal and at least one other injector will work if it had a signal.
The rest won't even click. I tried a different control unit – same symptoms and only #4 injector doing anything!
I'm thinking of trigger points, but if they are bad/misadjusted, a pair of cylinders would fail instead of three, wouldn't they? And bad trigger points wouldn't keep the throttle switch from cycling all four injectors, would it?
Thanks for any ideas or guidance. I’m about frustrated and out of ideas. Maybe a little a little dynamite………………………….

Gordon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:59 PM