Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Subaru to 914 transmission problems
904svo
post Jun 7 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #1

904SVO

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,146

Subaru WRX to 914 transmission problems. The 914 transmission doesn’t have a VSS sensor or a neutral
switch. These items cause me idle and boost problems. I try to fix the idle problem, first I change my clutch/neutral to pulse the ECU when the clutch was depress. This had the effect of correcting the idle
problem ( before it took 3 seconds to return to idle) but the boost was still going crazy while in different gears ( 8 lbs to 15 lbs). I then check the VSS sensor and found that the VSS sensor wheel having too many pluses. I had 5 windows (5 IPRs) on my system with a Subaru Speedometer I was 17 MPH faster than the 914 speedometer. I then change the VSS sensor to 3 windows (3 IPRs) . It was like night and day
change. The idle problem went away, return to idle now, the boost was now inline with the gear I was in.
I still have a problem with the boost at times. I’m in the process of changing to a real neutral switch
and do more testing to see if this corrects boost problem. I will report back with the results when I
finish testing it.

It looks like you have to have a Neutral switch an a properly VSS sensor when using a 914 transmission.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 10:43 PM