Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Locked Up!, What might it be?
74914LE
post Jun 8 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,895

Just finished getting a 72 1.7ltr. ready to start up after sitting for 29 years. Went over everything in the fuel, vacuum, and ignition systems. It turned over just fine without spark hooked up to it. Now for the moment of truth. Made sure I had fuel pressure and attempted to start it.

After about 3 tries, it fired up and started running!!!! After about 20 seconds, a rattling sound started, then got worse. I immediately shut it off. Then tried to turn it over again, and it would not turn over. I then got it on jack stands and blocked one wheel to put it in gear and see if I could spin the motor by hand with
transmission in 5th gear. The wheel will turn about 1/3 a turn in either direction and it locks.

Before I drop the motor and pull it apart to check for a dropped valve or worse, though I would see if anyone wanted to weigh in on what this might be....ideas?

Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:23 AM