Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Smashed 914 in San Mateo, CA, Poor Guy!
Targa
post Nov 29 2004, 03:52 PM
Post #1

V Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Does anyone here own or know the owner of the Lime green 73/74 914 that is always parked on San Mateo Dr by Hilltop Market? I always see it parked out there, but over this holiday weekend someone hit the drivers rear quarter panel and the rear wheel is sticking out about 45 degrees. What a shame! It looked like a clean original car. I will have to shoot a pic of it to show everyone why you should not park your vintage car on the street. Every time I dare to take my car to SF I sweat bullets that something bad will happen because it has happened before.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hi_Fi_Guy
post Nov 29 2004, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Tuetonic terror

Member No.: 1,019

Damn shame.

I ventured out today for a drive in my teener but I needed to stop by the bank so I parked my 914 WAAAAY out in a lot with no one around so I could run into (aka hike to) the bank. I waited in line at the bank for ever to make my deposit all the while worrying about leaving my 914 alone. I get back to discover an RV towing a RAV 4 trying to park across the back row of parking spots where I am parked (how thoughtful). I run to the car just in time to jump up and down in the guys line of sight seconds before his RAV 4 would have taken out the 914.

Whew. Man, it's bad enough I don't drive her enough but when I do get her out I just got to remember never to leave her again... too many idiots out there.
+Quote Post
Targa
post Nov 29 2004, 04:34 PM
Post #3

V Member

The thing that really boggles me is that there must have been a dozen other worthless cars parked on the street but somehow the idiot had to smash into the clean 914. Somehow I get the feeling that they did not leave a note either. I don't know how many times I have seen someone pull that even when they know someone saw them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Nov 29 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #4

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

What...yer not gonna be a vulture and try an buy parts???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
+Quote Post
Targa
post Nov 29 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #5

V Member

Z,

If you need to pick some bones clean all you have to do is ask and I'll get their contact info for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif). Besides, I have more parts than I know what to do with. That reminds me that I still have to post my Saratoga Top in the classifieds.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Nov 29 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #6

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

NAH....'tis only a simple little four banger...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)
+Quote Post
monkei
post Nov 29 2004, 05:12 PM
Post #7

slave to rust....

Member No.: 2,504

I sure hope that this is not Kermit!
+Quote Post
Targa
post Nov 29 2004, 05:18 PM
Post #8

V Member

I don't think it's the Kermit I've seen @ HPH. this is more of a Lime. Z, that hasn't stopped you before!
+Quote Post
mightyohm
post Nov 29 2004, 07:32 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Targa @ Nov 29 2004, 01:52 PM)
Every time I dare to take my car to SF I sweat bullets that something bad will happen because it has happened before.

I feel the same way. SF is just an accident waiting to happen. Looking at all the Toyotas and Hondas with their trunk lids tied down, smashed fenders, and dented bumpers makes me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
curtis
post Nov 29 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,206

QUOTE(Targa @ Nov 29 2004, 03:06 PM)
Z,

If you need to pick some bones clean all you have to do is ask and I'll get their contact info for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif). Besides, I have more parts than I know what to do with. That reminds me that I still have to post my Saratoga Top in the classifieds.

Not sabotoge this toppic ,but could you pm me and let me know what you are asking for the sarotoga top,pretty pretty please? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Nov 29 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #11

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

QUOTE(Hi_Fi_Guy @ Nov 29 2004, 02:13 PM)
Damn shame.

I ventured out today for a drive in my teener but I needed to stop by the bank so I parked my 914 WAAAAY out in a lot with no one around so I could run into (aka hike to) the bank. I waited in line at the bank for ever to make my deposit all the while worrying about leaving my 914 alone. I get back to discover an RV towing a RAV 4 trying to park across the back row of parking spots where I am parked (how thoughtful). I run to the car just in time to jump up and down in the guys line of sight seconds before his RAV 4 would have taken out the 914.

Whew. Man, it's bad enough I don't drive her enough but when I do get her out I just got to remember never to leave her again... too many idiots out there.

Let me guess, let me guess!!! They were from Oregon, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) You're just lucky you weren't driving and trying to merge with them in traffic because it's an Oregon rule that merging can only be done if your speed is [Posted Speed] - 90% <_<
+Quote Post
anthony
post Nov 29 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #12

2270 club

Member No.: 218

I feel the same way. SF is just an accident waiting to happen.

I wouldn't drive a Porsche to SF unless it's at 8am on a Sunday morning. In fact I've done it once for the fun run we did up Highway 1.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Nov 29 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #13

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

What a shame...
+Quote Post
BPGREER
post Nov 30 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,857

I wouldn't drive a Porsche to SF unless it's at 8am on a Sunday morning. In fact I've done it once for the fun run we did up Highway 1.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) That's why mine stays in the garage where it belongs...on jack stands.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Nov 30 2004, 05:27 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(anthony @ Nov 29 2004, 07:19 PM)

I managed to do it every day for 1.5 years with only one rear end collision from an F150!
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Nov 30 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #16

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

Dear Owner of the car I just hit,

It appears that I have done quite a lot of damage to your car and there are a number of people who witnessed it. Unfortunately for you they have all seen that I am writing you this note and have assumed that I am leaving my license # and insurance information, so they have all left the scene. Boy are they ever wrong. You are about to have a very bad day, sorry, and better luck next time.

Signed,

The guy who just ran his mid eighties rusty old SUV into your classic NARP.

Ouch
+Quote Post
BPGREER
post Nov 30 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,857

I guess I spoke too soon. I parked my 914 in front of my house today (usually in garage) and someone broke into it in broad daylight. Dumb mother f'ers tried to pry out the stereo (even though the face wasn't in the car) and really messed up my dash. Of course they smashed out the small side window to get in, and cut themselves (not enough blood though). My original condition beautiful interior is now fucked up!!!! I am soooooo pissed. I can't even look at the poor car right now. I hope karma takes care of this one, because I know the SFPD won't. Maybe I'll post some pics of the carnage when I can stomach it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Nov 30 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4

what part of SF do you live in?
+Quote Post
krk
post Nov 30 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 22

I take P-cars to SF on occasion. I park usually in the mission street garage (yeh, it's near Mosconi). Drive around inside 'till I find a spot I'm happy with. When I go to other areas, I find parkades to park in for the most part. Yeh, it prolly costs more, but... well... you know.

kim.
+Quote Post
mightyohm
post Nov 30 2004, 10:35 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(krk @ Nov 30 2004, 08:32 PM)
I take P-cars to SF on occasion. I park usually in the mission street garage (yeh, it's near Mosconi). Drive around inside 'till I find a spot I'm happy with. When I go to other areas, I find parkades to park in for the most part. Yeh, it prolly costs more, but... well... you know.

kim.

I work with someone who grew up in SF. She says she used to get her car broken into just as often in the parking garages as on the street. Ouch!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:25 AM