Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake Peddle Play, Can one adjust this ?
dralf
post Nov 30 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
I got my car off the jackstands this weekend and all I need now is to get some insurance so I can drive it down the road for a front end alignment. I have bleed the brakes a number of times and there is no air in the lines and the car stops OK, however there is about an inch or so of peddle travel before one can feel the master cylinder working or any sort of resistance. I plan on taking up the floorboard and looking at the linkage, but before I go doing that I wanted to ask some of you pros as to what kind of adjustments can I make to take up this free play. I read in the manual that there should be 0.1 MM ? of play in the MC plunger, but I think my free play is coming from something else.

If I can figure out how to clear out my memory stick from my camera I will try to post some pictures now that it is all back in one peice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:24 PM