Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.8 dual carb setup help, What should I buy?
Hine62
post Jul 23 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,000
Region Association: None

Any suggestions on what kind of carbs or how big to go with a dual setup? What about four smaller carbs?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 23 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

I recently went through this. I talked with some very knowledgable people and got a couple of guidelines. First, many will say that 40s are the way to go. Anything bigger is too big. Anything smaller is too small. But it seems that there are few options that are straight out of the box perfect for our cars. I had 44s on my 1.8 with 28 vents. Ran very well. The stock 36 vents were just too big. But the thing to do is consult the weber tech manual and read the charts. I am not sure that there is a stock carb that comes out of the box ready to run.

I would go with the 40s to start with and plan on changing jets and possibly vents.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:53 PM