Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Point me in the right direction, getting a 914 sold, Father passed away, looking to properly value and sell
Jmoore9
post Jul 28 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,164
Region Association: None

All,

I joined 914world specifically to look for a little help. My father recently passed away, and my stepmother has asked for my assistance in selling their 914.

The car is a 1971, 1.7, with approximately 51,000 miles on it.

They bought the car in the very early 90s, and have had it garaged the entire time. Dad did the metalwork to replace some skin that was rusted, removing all rust and getting it back into good condition. It was repainted in the orignal orange. They put new tires on it then, too.

The last time the car ran was about 5 years ago, and it has been stored back in the garage ever since.

Unfortunately, they live in the midwest, and I live in Atlanta, so "being there" to help get the car sold it tough. As such, I'm looking to see where I can find some resources to help figure out what the value is/should be when selling, to ensure that she gets a fair deal--and to be a little selfish, that the car goes to a good home.

I apologize for not having pictures, we'll work on getting those.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you may have!

EDIT: The car is located in Independence, MO, a Kansas City suburb.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Jul 28 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Jmoore9 @ Jul 28 2013, 09:36 PM) *

All,

I joined 914world specifically to look for a little help. My father recently passed away, and my stepmother has asked for my assistance in selling their 914.

The car is a 1971, 1.7, with approximately 51,000 miles on it.

They bought the car in the very early 90s, and have had it garaged the entire time. Dad did the metalwork to replace some skin that was rusted, removing all rust and getting it back into good condition. It was repainted in the orignal orange. They put new tires on it then, too.

The last time the car ran was about 5 years ago, and it has been stored back in the garage ever since.

Unfortunately, they live in the midwest, and I live in Atlanta, so "being there" to help get the car sold it tough. As such, I'm looking to see where I can find some resources to help figure out what the value is/should be when selling, to ensure that she gets a fair deal--and to be a little selfish, that the car goes to a good home.

I apologize for not having pictures, we'll work on getting those.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you may have!

If there are 914 owners near your stepmother, they can stop by and look at the 914 for you and give you their two cents worth. Very sorry for the loss of your dad. A location will be helpful to see if any 914World members live nearby. Good luck with the sale.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jul 28 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

You might want to contact Brad Mayeur at 914 limited in Peoria Illinois.

He is a very honest guy and has been in the 914 business for many years.

Rich
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Jul 28 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'd second contacting Brad (309-694-1797) in Peoria, IL. There are other 914 enthusiasts in the Midwest, so it may help to let us know where they are located.

As with any car, it will depend on the condition. You may want to check eBay listings to see what cars are actually selling for, and also check Hagerty Insurance's website as they have a valuation guide on their site. Their current booklet gives Values of $5800 and up to over $20,000 for a perfect example. Obviously, you have to have a realistic view of the car's conditions as I also know of 914s that were given away for nothing just to dispose of them when people were moving!
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jul 28 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #5

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Call Brad,
He's honest, and I'm sure he can be of help.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 29 2013, 07:28 AM
Post #6

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Can't get any better advice than that.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:01 PM