Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is the physical location of the wiper relay?-RESOLVED, Without the intermittent option, there is no relay
HalfMoon
post Aug 1 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,144
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm still waiting for my manual to come in the mail and the schematic doesn't state where the physical location of the wiper relay. To check if it's wired correctly according to the schematic I need to know where the relay should be located as I'm new to the 914. This was recently purchased and the PO made some significant modifications.
What I need to know at this point is where should the relay physically is located on the car?
This is a 1973 non-intermittent wiper 914.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 1 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Aug 1 2013, 06:42 PM) *

I'm still waiting for my manual to come in the mail and the schematic doesn't state where the physical location of the wiper relay. To check if it's wired correctly according to the schematic I need to know where the relay should be located as I'm new to the 914. This was recently purchased and the PO made some significant modifications.
What I need to know at this point is where should the relay physically is located on the car?

There is no relay. The wipers work directly from the switch.

There is only a relay if you have intermittent wipers.
+Quote Post
HalfMoon
post Aug 1 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 1 2013, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Aug 1 2013, 06:42 PM) *

There is no relay. The wipers work directly from the switch.

There is only a relay if you have intermittent wipers.

Thank you alot! Huge help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
That greatly clarifies a confusing point. In another thread where I'm trying to make my wipers work an image was posted of the schematic for the wiper and it included a relay which I've been trying to find all over the car. Obviously (in hindsight) that image was for the application with the optional intermittent system.
Now I'm armed with information that I can make to good use first thing in the morning :-)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 1 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #4

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

The wiper switch and motor are shown here between 4-9.

To read this: Grounds are at the bottom. There is a yellow numbering system below. If you are following a wire and it stops at a number inside a square, go to that number in yellow to find the other side of the wire. If multiple grounds have the same number in a circle, that means they are connected to the same point.

Download and save this...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
HalfMoon
post Aug 1 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 1 2013, 10:28 PM) *

The wiper switch and motor are shown here between 4-9.

To read this: Grounds are at the bottom. There is a yellow numbering system below. If you are following a wire and it stops at a number inside a square, go to that number in yellow to find the other side of the wire. If multiple grounds have the same number in a circle, that means they are connected to the same point.

Download and save this...

Attached Image

I saw this on there web page but didn't think it would apply to me as mines a 73. Jeff B says they changed alot of wiring stuff from year to year. Do you think this would apply to a 73?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 06:44 PM