Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Valve Clearance?
last337
post Aug 19 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,221
Region Association: None

Can someone explain this to me? I have been fighting with this thing for some time now. I had so many problems for so long with my engine just dying and after pulling my tank and changing fuel lines and filters I am back running again.

Now I am having another issue where I will get my dual carbs tuned just right at operating temp and be running just fine. However, after a while I start to hear backfiring again. The only thing I havent done in a while is set my valve clearances. Actually it has been a long while since I have done that and I am suspicious about it being the culprit.

I understand how if my timing was off or my mixture was off I could hear pinging or backfiring through the exhaust. But I dont know why my valve clearance would do that only as the temp of the engine changes or just seemingly by itself at times.

Can someone explain how proper valve clearance is so critical?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:39 PM