Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Questions about resistors, gonna try an experiment
jsayre914
post Aug 19 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I was reading the D-Jet Brad Anders and came across the part about the aux air regulator. I will quote from his site:

Does Yours Close Too Fast?: If you'd like for the AAR to stay open longer, try adding 2.5 ohms (four 10 ohm/10W power resistors in parallel) in series with the heater. This will reduce the heater power from ~14W down to ~10W, and cause the AAR to close more slowly. Should add a few minutes to the fast idle part of the cycle. Please exercise caution - that resistor pack can get hot, make sure it is safely secured.

My 2056 runs pretty rich on cold start, the aux air valve is working as it should, I tested it 14.2ohms and put it in the freezer, it opened all the way, then put it in a ziplock and submerged it in boiling water and it closed all the way.

I noticed that the idle drops pretty quick, like within 2min it is below 1000rpm. I was going to try to slow down the aar closing so i could get a good 5min or so before it drops. I tried to just unplug it because the valve will close by itself with just the heat from the engine. This kept the idle up for more much more than 5 min.

So teach me how to drop the voltage from 14.4 to about 10v

I dont want to melt anything, start a fire, or screw with the same circuit the fuel pump is running on. What do i buy, where do I buy it and what do I have to do to make my idea work.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I have an 250ohm resistor in the garage from a 2.0 liter cht sender that would fit perfect in line, would that work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:26 PM