Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recommended Vendor, Flag Mirrors and other parts
Aaron Cox
post Dec 17 2004, 01:50 AM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(greg.treadway @ Dec 16 2004, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 16 2004, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE(greg.treadway @ Dec 16 2004, 05:49 PM)
To my knowlege there is no right mirror for the 914, you just take the left and turn it for the right side.
914 FACTORY MIRROR LEFT OR RIGHT - Part number: 914 731 939 10

Right side mirror in PET 914 731 040 10

So much for your knowledge

It is the same mirror for left or right.

Wrongo....

real R side mirrors had convex glass.

someone is mentioning WHERE they got a good price.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 17 2004, 07:26 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

OOPS....the BACKING PLATES i didn't get from Mid-America. I got thinking last night and rechecked and I got them from Performance Products, www.performanceproducts.com, 1-800-423-3173. Their part number is 902124 for the left side and 902125 for the right. They are 8.95 each. You can also get them from your local porsche dealer.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Dec 17 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #23

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 17 2004, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE(greg.treadway @ Dec 16 2004, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 16 2004, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE(greg.treadway @ Dec 16 2004, 05:49 PM)
To my knowlege there is no right mirror for the 914, you just take the left and turn it for the right side.
914 FACTORY MIRROR LEFT OR RIGHT - Part number: 914 731 939 10

Right side mirror in PET 914 731 040 10

So much for your knowledge

It is the same mirror for left or right.

Wrongo....

real R side mirrors had convex glass.

someone is mentioning WHERE they got a good price.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Hah, my little engineer......ya finally got it right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

And youse guys quit beatin on Greg for trying to sell his shit....uhhhhh stuff.....He's doing what any good salesperson would do that was trying to move material. And unless someone can show me a 914 mirror with convex glass from the factory....the passenger side is a flipped driver.

Now for the PET experts, tell me why the single bleeder rear brake and the dual bleeder rear brake have the same part number.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 17 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #24

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Oh hey, I posted this a while back. But since we're on the topic of mirrors... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I isolated the wiring for the mirrors. This diagram works, just used it. I made it one day at work. Pretty much nothing else to do arond here anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 17 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #25

Just noticed a pair of 911 electric flag mirrors on ebay...1 day left..so far only 1 bidder for 40 bucks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 17 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #26

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

It is a 914 club, I see nothing wrong with mentioning the 914 mirrors. To my knowlege there is no right mirror for the 914, you just take the left and turn it for the right side.

So you're simply here to pedal your wares right? I'm a little calmer today after your "Resource Thread" hijacking but Greg, I'm not buying your "I'm sorry. I'm just a 914 enthusiast" story and I hope the rest of this list can see through it as well. You were clearly sent here by George.

To "my knowledge" you haven't posted one helpful reply and you could. You really could. George probably has more knowledge than anyone does regarding the workings of Porsche 914's and their derivatives.

Hey, it's the holidays, the season for forgiveness and giving. Honestly? I hope George Hussey has changed his ways. I'll even pray that he does.

Here's what I see Greg:

1. Pelican and now the revised Tweeks (Mid-America) is simply kicking the living crap out of AA.

2. George is no dummy, he sees this board and it's 2,000 plus members as a gold mine if he can tap it.

3. He sends you over here to try to make inroads and a few of our members will buy it hook line and sinker.

4. He teams up with GPR in an attempt to go after PP business (I don't know if this rumor is true or not) and he also targets their marketing efforts which have been much more "grassroots" than his own.

I agree in principle with Brad's "more people helping to keep these cars on the road". I disagree with George Hussey's previous business practices. In the past he has clearly lied and has not taken care of the customer. This "used" to work when he was the only 914 game in town.

Prove me wrong Greg. With all my sincerity, please prove me wrong. Become a useful member and participant to this community. More than the 911, 944, 928, 986 9whatever crowds, this is a band of brothers (and a few sisters). We fight with each other. We share with each other. We help each other. We encourage each other. We even pray for each other.

You're welcome here and you don't need me to tell you that. This isn't my list. Greg, I will tell you this: I welcome you here. I will stop being "Rude" as you called it in your PM's to me. I even retracted my reply to one of your posts in the "Resource" section because it was just as unethical as your hijacking of the other threads.

Let's see what you do as a member of this community. Will you continue to muzzle in on threads and offer your goods to make a quick sale (like you have clearly done here), or will you become a helpful participant? "The proof is in the pudding". I'm going to call you on it every time I see you do it and I hope others will join me.

Tell George we'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE his valuable feedback here as well. I have a tremendous amount of respect for his knowledge. When you give something "back" to the community (truly serve the community), you will reap your rewards. George could be a tremendous asset to this list and eventually to AA once again.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Eric
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Dec 17 2004, 04:24 PM
Post #27

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Well stated Eric. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
greg.treadway
post Dec 17 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #28

914 Nut

Member No.: 3,295

Thanks Eric. I'll do my best to be a valuable member of the 914world.com. I will mention my wares when necessary and I will list some items, but I am here to be a part of the 914 community. I doubt whether George will participate in the forum. He is busy with our tech forum from the autoatlanta.com website that is devoted to his tech advice. Not that he is snubbing this list by any means, he is just a busy guy.
+Quote Post
ewdysar
post Dec 17 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #29

What happens here, stays here.

Member No.: 3,030

Thanks for the heads up Jim... I'm going for the mirrors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This is my first try at EBay (with great reservations), guess I'll see how these things work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Dec 17 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #30

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

my passenger side mirror is convex. its a stock mirror, as you can see in my avitar (sort of )
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 17 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #31

ewdysar....if you are going to go for them bid at the end rather than the beginning..bidding early just drives up the price...bid in the last minute or so.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Dec 17 2004, 05:43 PM
Post #32

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

QUOTE(scott thacher @ Dec 17 2004, 04:33 PM)
my passenger side mirror is convex. its a stock mirror, as you can see in my avitar (sort of )

I had about 20 of them and have never seen one. Your's is beautiful <_< and yes I know they are listed......just never touched one.
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Dec 17 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #33

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 17 2004, 03:43 PM)
Your's is beautiful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) and yes I know they are listed......just never touched one.

yes it needs a paint job, to get the engine running, install interior, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

but it has a convex mirror (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

and at that time it ran great, but needed more hp and here i am 18 months later
+Quote Post
ewdysar
post Dec 17 2004, 07:16 PM
Post #34

What happens here, stays here.

Member No.: 3,030

Jim,

Ok I'm gonna claim "rookie mistake". Thanks for the advice, if I can just remember to sign on around noon on Sunday...

I probably wouldn't have taken this plunge into the darkness, but the mirrors are white, so's my car and they may not look unreasonable until the re-paint (and flares and rims and door panels and seats and... well, you know).

Thanks again, I owe you one (or a few if it works) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Eric
Renegaded '75 327 SBC
+Quote Post
Type 4
post Dec 18 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 2,866

Brian Farmer at Einmalig is the BIGGEST RIPOFF THERE IS.

If you FACTUAL DETAILS OF NUMEROUS PEOPLE HE HAS RIPPED OF JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 11:25 PM