Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BMW caliper frustration, They're not squeezing
Jeff Bonanno
post Dec 13 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #21

il dottore

Group: Members
Member No.: 636

Welcome Tim!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 13 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #22

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

BTW, where is Sandy?

Salt Lake City. South East Suburb.

Carlos... you should bleed the right rear, left rear, right front, left front as Aaron mentioned. I'd pretty much guarantee that the rears "were" your problem. I'm also concerned about the 5% fluid you mentioned from the right rear. When attempting to install the rubber lines, did you twist one of the hard lines? It sounds like you may have an air leak.

Let us know how it goes today (or this week) at the shop.
+Quote Post
Carlitos Way
post Dec 13 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #23

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

Well, I decided to take a day off and went off with my pals to play paintball on Sunday instead.

Getting back to the questions and task at hand, I think I'm getting some air from the left rear hose, as this was the one that was leaking.. and the one I couldn't get out. So it doesn't surprise me that I'm getting so much air there. This could still be the main reason I couldn't get the front pads to squeeze... but I think I'm going to take my time on this one.

So... I think the order of business is... take out the old (17mm) MC and replace it with a 19mm as planned. After swapping out the MC, I will probably just have the car towed to the shop and ask them to relpace the rear hoses, bleed the brakes and be ready to go. So... new questions to follow on a new post.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 09:09 AM