Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EBAY and shipping advice
lawrencedesigns
post Dec 12 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,349

I have sadly made the decision that I just won't have the time for my 914 restoration project. I have had great experiences with eBAY and was considering trying to sell it that way.
My concern is the shipping. I am thinking that it might seem a little ambitious to expect someone to pay for/help arrange shipping for a car that I only expect to get $1500 for to begin with.
Has anyone had any experience that could shed some light on this subject?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Dec 12 2004, 12:19 PM
Post #2

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Why not post the 914 here on hte classiifeds first. "You have to include pics." Then if you don't get any replies then go to ebay.
As far as shipping is concerned. It depends on the condition of the vehicle. Is it a running driver, Good, is it a non op roller, not so good.
Transport companies up there fees, if they will take one in the first place for a non op roller. They have to push the car on and off when loading and unloading.So I would think that if you sell the vehicle locally you will have the buyer come by and transport the car.
Post a pic and see if there is any interest first. Also, determine how much you want for the car, don't make a potential buyer guess, by saying " I don't know what do you think it is worth" or I am not sure I thought I would just see what I am offered"
Good luck.
CCLINNADA
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 12 2004, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,652

well i just had a car shipped out from san diego to nj. i used dependable auto shippers(das) i paid 700 for the car delivered door to door. they picked it up at the po place and delivered it to my place. i suggest that you specify top load only(safer). they said it would take 14 days...i got it in 7. they called and told me when it was to be picked up and when they delivered....they were withing 10 minutes of the time they said it would be delivered. i was very pleased with them and reccomend them to anyone....
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 12 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

shipping doesn't necessarily does'nt have to be your problem. if you ebay just state that the buyer is responsible for all aspects.

kevin
+Quote Post
smooth_eddy
post Dec 12 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,102

eBay has a link for auto shipping. Let the buyer make the arrangements. The shipper can pick it up at your house or you can drop it off at a terminal to save the customer some cash. I would recomend enclosed transport, especially in the winter.

Another place to advertise is on the Antique Auto Trader on line.
+Quote Post
914rrr
post Dec 12 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States

If your 914 is fairly straight and rust free (and considering how badly rusted most 914s are in the midwest and north), you might be pleasantly suprised at the response / bids you may get even with shipping charges. I live in Florida and I've bought 3 914s from CA for that reason. I'd wait at least until Jan to market it, as cars are waaaaay down the priority list this time of year for most people and they have tax checks coming then. As for shipping, open transport from CA to NE or south shouldn't be much more than $800. Let the buyer be resonsible for all shipping arrangements and fees. Be sure to CYA for any damages that may occur during shipping to be buyers responsibility. Buyers FYI, ask the shipper to use wheel straps to secure 914s, as there are no good places to attach chain hooks without causing damage. I found out the hard way. The idiot driver put the chain hooks in the pan triangles and ripped both about 3". OUCH!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 01:58 PM