Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I was reading the SCCA Solo II rules, Do you bring a workshop manual to events
Part Pricer
post Dec 12 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

I was looking through the SCCA Solo II rules when I saw the following:

"The entrant has the burden of proving that his car conforms to these Rules by his owner's manual, manufacturer's shop manual, manufacturer's catalogs or other official manufacturer's documentation, which must be in the possession of the entrant at the event if ever available to the consumer from the manufacturer. At a minimum, the competitor must be in possession of the manufacturer's workshop manual. All manuals, catalogs and official documentation must be for non-competition purposes. If protested competitor possess the documentation required by this Section, but that documentation does not include sufficient information on the protested item, the burden shifts to the protesting competitor to prove the item illegal. Failure to provide appropriate manufacturer's documentation regarding vehicle specifications will result in disqualification."

Now, how many peoply carry a workshop manual with them to events? I've been protested (and won) but I haven't been carrying a manual.I guess if the issue was pushed, I should have been disqualified. It's good to know that if I protest someone, they get disqualified if they can't produce a manual.

I think that I'm going to throw a CD with the pdf files on it into my track bag. (think that will work?)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Dec 12 2004, 06:38 PM
Post #2

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

I raced a Mazda Spec RX7 in SCCA a few years ago. In addition to the regular stuff, at each event the tech guys would pick a random item to check on everybodys car for compliance. One day they asked to see everybodys shop manual. Out of 20+ entries, I was the only person who had one. We just passed my copy around. The tech guy was not happy but he had to accept it. I could have had everyone disqualified and won the race if I hadn't shared my book.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 01:27 AM