Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TPS/Fuel Pump Relationship?, Jumped the fuel pump and took it for safety, winters project now.
Jon H.
post Sep 9 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,264
Region Association: Canada

As the title states what do these two things have in common that would cause them both to stop functioning at the same time? No clicks from TPS and no 1.5 sec running of fuel pump. I have checked the engine wiring harness for continuity and all is good, the ECU is getting power, the pump will run if jumped, I get injector pulse while cranking, power at coil, swapped relay board with another, power at fuse #8, checked grounds at engine and at ECU plug.

I have read that a failing TPS will cause an engine to buck as the TPS cuts fuel off to the injectors but could the TPS actually cause the fuel pump not to cycle in key on position? If the engine will run with out the TPS plugged in then I assume that it shouldn't cause the fuel pump to not cycle? I have had this running for about a week now and it would fire right up and I went out tonight and now it won't start.

Any ideas?

Jon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:15 AM