Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: I HATE E-BAY!!!, Got held "feedback hostage".... and lost
Brando
post Dec 14 2004, 07:55 PM
Post #21

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(anthony @ Dec 14 2004, 09:52 AM)
I'd take a negative before sending a blackmailer $35. Fuck him.

What he said.

I've yet to have any negative feedback from buying/selling (even if i inflated my shipping costs by a dollar or so). Have yet to deal with a customer or seller deserving of such *knock on wood* but the asshole to legit buyer/seller ratio is pretty high.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bigbohr
post Dec 14 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #22

Superlurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,176

QUOTE(TC/914 @ Dec 13 2004, 01:38 PM)
Ebay stock is going through the roof ...
TC

I don't get ebay ... (sorry to all honest sellers)

1) Last year a guy advertised a 914. Went to see the car and the poor thing nearly fell apart. The pan was so rusted out (holes) that sitting in the passenger seat was the same as suicide. Somebody paid like 3000 for the car and left feedback that the car was fantastic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

2) Bought a fairing for my bike two months ago. Ad said that the fairing had some scratches on the side and the front. I didn't care cause at least it wasn't cracked like my current fairing. Confirmed condition with seller by sending query - "only scratches". When I get the thing it turns out that the nose section is cut off. So I can't use it. Sent the seller and email and didn't hear anything ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

3) Some bozo was selling a Pantera on ebay. Someone bought it for like $19,000. Couple weeks later it's relisted, under a different user ID. I had saved the first auction in Myebay and contacted the winner. He said that after winning the auction he had sent an inspector to check out the car. Was a total piece of sh&#. Totally misrepresented. Funny thing is that obviously if you have negative feedback you can start over on a different account, and as I noticed people were still bidding. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

4) Last week I saw 4 auctions for a complete 930 engine, each under a different user ID. The description of all four was identical. One of them looked different, had some pics etc. That was prolly a legit one and the other 3 were a scam. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Must say that I also have had good experiences on ebay. However, I wonder sometimes whether the bad ones offset the benefit you get from the good ones. I prefer to buy from people on the Pelican classifieds or here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:26 PM