Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tail lamp repair..., Can reverse lense be replaced?
neo914-6
post Dec 14 2004, 02:12 AM
Post #1

neo life

Group: Members
Member No.: 159

I've got a Euro lense with a crack (with a gap) in the reverse part of the lense (clear part). The rest of the lense is in good condition. Has anyone successfully transplanted that part from another tail lamp?

Also, I have a hair line crack in one that I plan to inject some solvent to bond it. Is the syringe method the best?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Dec 14 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

The lenses are made up of 4 sections. The curved part, center section (two parts actually) and the reverse section. These are glued together to make the whole lens. It should be possible to cut with a thin blade with fine teeth thru the sections at where they join and reglue them together to make a good lens. You will have to be carefull at the outside edges when cutting as these overlap into the next lens. There is little keyways that overlap. Also when you reglue them, stand them up so any glue drips down to the inside and not on to the face of the lens.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Dec 14 2004, 06:51 AM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Yes. I've done it. You can cut the sections off with a fine tooth bandsaw blade or a coping saw or even a good carpenters handsaw and glue them back together.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 07:31 PM