Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Confused again- Frothy Oil, after installing new oil pump and front cooler
tornik550
post Sep 16 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

I just started my engine after installing a new oil pump and front oil cooler. Everything seems to be running fine however when I stopped the engine to check the oil level- I noticed a borborygmi type sound from the from of the engine for a few seconds. Checked my oil level and the oil was very frothy.

Oil pressure was great, no oil leaks, everything seems to be running fine. The car had been sitting for about 2 weeks while I was installing the new cooler. The oil level is normal. I did not have any oil in the hoses to the front cooler whcih is why I am checking my oil level closely since it will obviously drop once the thermostat opens.

FYI- My new setup uses a schadek 30mm pump (yes it was modified), mocal sandwich plate with built in thermostat, rx7 front cooler via AN12 braided stainless hose.

I used Brad Penn 20w50 oil however there was probably a quart of Amsoil 20w50 (high zinc) oil already in.

What causes the frothy oil?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:20 AM