Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Aircooled Technology Forums closed, Tired of spammers, hackers and constant headaches!
Jake Raby
post Oct 2 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I wouldn't post this here, but I keep getting messages about our forums being down and a lot of them are PMs here. I figured making a post might clear things up.

I opened my forums back in 2006, we had tens of thousands of members and I shared a ton of our info there that I would not share anywhere else. The past two years have been filled with spammers, hackers and headaches that have pulled my focus away from other things, like updating websites, finishing my Porsche M96 Engine Bible and etc. The time to deal with forum hiccups simply isn't there anymore and it was time to prioritize where my time and money would be spent in the future.

I finally had enough with the last attacker and copied the technical directives and articles and then killed off the rest of the database. We will now add those technical articles to the www.aircooledtechnology.com website.

We have taken all links to the forums and have directed them to the Aircooled Technology facebook page, found here:
Aircooled Technology Facebook Page

We share more and more on facebook and post a ton of project pics there, as its both faster and easier than the forums, and we can still share technical data on facebook as well. The best part is its easier to manage and maintain security.

Maybe without the forums to pull me away I can even have time to send out more of our newsletters and those who were on the forums and want to stay up to date with all our cool stuff that continues to evolve can sign up here if they don't like to interface with Facebook.

Thanks to everyone who shared on our forums and took the time to become a member!

I just posted this pic of the 2.6 liter MassIVe engine in my 64' 356C Outlaw to facebook this morning. Its not 100%, but you can get the picture :-)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net-1095-1380739861.1.jpg)

This post has been edited by Jake Raby: Oct 2 2013, 12:55 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:00 AM