Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine not running, Most likely something wrong with the fuel intake
SnowFire1973
post Oct 12 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,294
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a 1973 914 (2.0) which I bought a few months ago. A little while back it stopped running on my way back from classes. That morning after leaving home I discovered some of my fuses had fallen out. I was planning on replacing them when I got back, and it wasn't any real issues, like the headlights and windshield wipers stopped working. When it stopped it sounded like it had ran out of gas, but it showed I had a quarter tank left, I also checked the tank to see if the gauge was accurate and it was. After my dad and I looked at the fuel line to check if the pump was working, it was, I tried one last time to turn it on. It started working again but it stopped about 5 minutes later after driving around the block a few times. We looked at the relay board but it seemed fine too. I am completely lost on this and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
SLITS
post Oct 12 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

check fuel lines for kinks

check fuel filter for blockage

check CHT for ohms resistance or the connection itself

Read this: D-Jet
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:45 AM